Skip navigation

My Dream car - more wedding pics - 02/07/12

Back to the top

My Dream car - more wedding pics - 02/07/12

Hi all,

thought it was about time i put some proper pics up of the car.

Ive only had it a month and it pretty much has come as you see it.

Is a GTI and has 118k on the clock. great history and its a cracker with fantastic body work.

Modifications the car has come with:

Lowered on ebay coilovers
Porshe 928 polished wheels. 8" rear and 7" fronts
Momo stearing wheel
Cobra straight through exhaust.

So far i have upgraded the sound system with jbl speakers all round. and also a sony bluetooth cd player.
new battery
new rear wheel bearings and hubs

Things to do:

Underseat subwoofer
Sort loud exhaust ( i think it only has the one silencer so maybe a second to be added but it needs quitening down)
Possible new coilovers. the car just bounces everywhere and just doesnt handle
New interior ( the car will be used as my wedding car june 2012 so the plan is to have a full retrim in cream leather - seats, doorcards, steering wheel and also lower half of the dashboard in matching colour)
New carpet as the edges have worn so it keeps coming un clipped from the trim.
Hid lights
Full service ( parts are ordered, cambelt and tensioner, plugs, leads, oil, air filter, fan belt, thermastat and housing, oil filter and pretty much most parts being changed just to give it a nice fresh start. also parts are just so cheap so why not.)
sort the brakes. maybe just upgrade the front or add rear discs as brakes arent to good.

and thats it. im hoping by new year the car will be imaculate.

Ive been busy with my da polisher and the paintwork and alloys are now shiney.

heres some pics.

Back to the top
nice, like it lots, those rims make look awsome

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
nice cabby, love those wheels mate they look great :)

Back to the top
Love it really tidy

Back to the top
very nice, what size adaptors are you running as I have a set of 928's aswell et 65.

Back to the top
I've got no idea I'm afraid as said the wheels came with the car. If there's an easy way to check then let me know and I'll have a look

Thanks for the comments

Back to the top
hi all,

thought i would post up a few updates.

first off car has had a full service with the following:

cambelt
tensioner
fan belt
thermostat, housing o ring
air, oil, fuel filter
oil change
coolant change
air filter
plugs
leads

next i have a picture of my car on a low loader which i had to wait 4 hours for grrr.

my passenger rear wheel bearing went which made the car look quite decked and it had some great camber on it :).
so off to the garage it went where it had a new bearing, drum and new shoes on both sides.

i had then bought an underseat sub which is great. nothing special but with the new speakers it just makes a nice alround quality sound.

i had then fitted these to the car

i had then gone and got a bi xenon 4300k hid kit. little blue than i wanted but they do look great and the quality of light is a blessing as some will know a very low car and standard bulbs is pants.

then the car was treated to a full on detail.

cleaned, clayed, polished, sealed, waxed, wheels polished up, hood cleaned and protected etc.

heres a couple of little shots of how it looks.

im still looking for an interior. probably cream leather but apart from that im pretty happy at the moment.

Back to the top
Really nice cabby bet that took a long time to get to where u are how long did it take to mop ur car

Back to the top
Really nice cabby bet that took a long time to get to where u are how long did it take to mop ur car

Back to the top
thanks for the comment. took me about 9 hours to mop it properly.

over the next week ill be topping the wax up on the paint and wheels and this should keep it lovely, shiney and protected.

Back to the top
I love the look of this car!! The wheels look awesome!

What are your plans?

Back to the top
main plan is to sort the interior. this car really needs some nice cream leather seats i think.
also some decent coilovers as the ones i have are cheap.

apart from that sort a very small rust spot and thats it.

i dont want to over modify the car.

Back to the top
[marq=right]  8) [/marq]
I like VVVVVVVVVVVveeeeeerry much.

Banner

Back to the top
just a couple of pics of my saturday polish and wax as the day was so lovely.

Back to the top
looking good, love the rims, what products did you use for cleaning your hood and what wax you layering her with ?

cheers Baz

Back to the top
I use the autoglym roof cleaner and protector is fantastic. I used half the cleaner and the whole bottle of protection. The car has had a going over With my rotary polisher and I used some ez creme Which gives it that wet look and then protected with dodo juice super natural wax which is expensive but is the best wax I've ever used and a pot will last you a years.

Back to the top

danj said

I use the autoglym roof cleaner and protector is fantastic. I used half the cleaner and the whole bottle of protection. The car has had a going over With my rotary polisher and I used some ez creme Which gives it that wet look and then protected with dodo juice super natural wax which is expensive but is the best wax I've ever used and a pot will last you a years.

cheers for that mate , ive had a tester pot of the super natural wax it is good and offers good protection,but in the end i opted for swissvax best of show it gives good depth to your paintwork  :)

Back to the top
Ah Swiss vax is stepping it up a little to the next price range. I've been told it's very good and might be my next purchase once the sn has gone

Back to the top
mate thats nice car just like mine but with small bumpers!!! :D

Back to the top
Post a pic up lets have a look

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.