Skip navigation

DUBSHED BELFAST 27TH MARCH

Back to the top

DUBSHED BELFAST 27TH MARCH

Good man, well done... I have posted on vag drivers re mk1 annual show in uk, seemed to get a bit of interest, but I was the only one to travel. I think it would be a runner in Ireland. I know a good few mk1 owners now and I know they are up for a meet... probably just needs someone to organise it... :wink:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Havent been to a VW show in yonks in Ireland ..Def heading to this one ,sounds like a good day out

Back to the top
slippy

got an email from gtini tonight to say I have an indoor spot available to me…

which in your opinion is best… indoor or outdoor? weather dependant of course…

cheers

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Indoor means you will have to up right and early but at least if it rains you will be nice and dry and still have have the option to get out and see the other cars.
Out doors last year was fine as the weather was great, but cars just parked in lines not by year or model, so you had to keep going in circles to cover everything.

I would like to be in doors but only if the weather is bad.

Back to the top
ok sound… if going indoor need to be there for 10am. not sure just yet…

at the moment the back axle is off, just back from sandblasting but needs matt blacking… have a new fuel tank, filler neck and new fuel lines to go in first. New rear wheel bearings and rear brake cylinders to do awell… I was expecting a delivery from crazy quiff today, but nothing came so prob friday and a couple of late nights to get all finished… nothing like burning the midnight oil :wink:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Got my car back onto the road this evening - all my jobs done… what a nice evening for a spin too  :wink:

Going to start polishing now… :lol:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
How many mk1 owners on the mk1 golf owners club website are going to dubshed 2011?

Should we make a list?? :dontknow:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
1 slippy8v 93 Rivage going

Back to the top
1 slippy8v 93 Rivage going
2 shughy 93 Sportline going

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
looking good for tomorrow,new mirror polished alloys on and final polish looks we are the lone reps for North and South lol but we have to start some where.

Back to the top
En route at the moment.

I spent most of today polishing too…

Looking forward to it and catch you there…

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Well done to slippy who was 'runner up' in the cabby section of the Dubshed show. What a nice 1993 rivage he has… and a sound bloke to top it off. Nice top meet a fellow mk1 owner and be in touch again soon…

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks Hugh had a great day and good to meet another dedicated MK1 owner,really thought you where in with a chance with your sports line, what a great car the judges should have looked at your rear beam and you would have won hands down.

Well thats the first Ireland show for the MK1 owners, I will have to get the word out and round up a few more cars for the next show.

Back to the top
Hey guys, only seeing this thread now as I wasn't online for a while.  I was also at Dubshed, mine was the red Mk1 GTi tintop parked just outside the doors of the main shed.

I got a good look around both your cars on the day, both superb examples.  The show was excellent with a fantastic turnout of dubs, just disappointing that there weren't more Mk1's.

I was also personally a bit disappointed by the judging of the Mk1's.  I missed them doing the rounds, but the boy with the Mk1 Jetta beside me reckoned they spent all of 1 minute having a quick look, then moved on.  The bodywork and paint alone on my car took a year!!!!  Maybe a lack of appreciation given it is a fairly standard looking car.

I would also prefer to see all the Mk1's displayed together, mainly because it allows you to see who owns what and get chatting to like-minded enthusiasts.

Back to the top

Pistol said

I would also prefer to see all the Mk1's displayed together, mainly because it allows you to see who owns what and get chatting to like-minded enthusiasts.

Hi there… I would be of the same opinion… all mk1's parked together - looks better and you get chatting to a few of our vintage!  :wink: .

I spoke to you only briefly mind you… you have a nice car… you win anything?

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
No didn't win anything, but like I say its maybe my fault for missing the judges so they could only take the car at face value.  I'd like to see the judges sheet to see where I was scored down (obviously not showing the engine bay probably had a big influence).

There's always next year!!!

You followed me in to the show if I remember correctly.

I'd definitely be in favour of an all-Ireland Mk1 owners meet/show somewhere central to us all.

Back to the top
hi pistol i noticed pics of your car , i have a mars red 1 also ,she is at the painters at present . looks well sir they would have all looked well together. Are you local to belfast?

Back to the top

Pistol said

I'd definitely be in favour of an all-Ireland Mk1 owners meet/show somewhere central to us all.

Any ideas where? or how far would you be prepared to come down south?

Any mk1 owner I spoke to was up for it…

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Ivor, not far from Belfast, I'm around Jordanstown area.  Be good to see your Mk1 sometime, you think it will be ready for Castlewellan?

Shughy, many moons ago I used to travel all over for shows, went to Limerick a couple of times, GTi International a few years on the trot etc.  However, now I have a young family so my time is limited, therefore my preference would be somewhere I could get to and back in the same day without having to do an overnight stay.

We used to do a North/South Club Gti meet at Drogheda years ago at some hotel, obviously not suitable for a full on show, but the distance was manageable for us.  Or even Dublin now with the new road network.

Back to the top
Ok cool… sounds good… I have a young family too so I guess similar senario's.

I'm just putting feelers out there at the moment…

It would appear there is some definite interest out there for an Irish Mk1 meet (both north & south).

I did dublin in 95 mins on sunday evening - steady 60mph all the way.

Will keep in contact… :wink:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.