Skip navigation

Stonor Park VW Expo 5th June 2011

Back to the top

Stonor Park VW Expo 5th June 2011

Stonor Park VW Expo 2011

The ASSOCIATION OF BRITISH VW CLUBS, ADRIAN FLUX and CORDWALLIS, welcome all enthusiasts, and their families, of VW and its associated marques to VW EXPO AT STONOR PARK 2011, the 27th meeting at this venue.

Stonor Park has been the home of the Stonor family for over 800 years, the house being built around 1190. It contains many items of rare furniture and paintings and will be open to you on the Sunday afternoon on showing your admission ticket, as entry to the house is included in the ticket price. The grounds are situated along the B480, to the north of Henley on Thames and are within easy reach of the M4 & M40 motorways. The postcode for Stonor Park is RG9 6HF.

The show will be open between 9.00 am and 4.30 pm and there will again be one charge for entry to VW Expo and the Manor House of £8.00 per adult, whilst children under 16 get in for free. Refreshments and toilet facilities will be available as usual.

The shows attractions are as follows:

CONCOURS d ELEGANCE
This event is sponsored by ADRIAN FLUX INSURANCE and CORDWALLIS and is also backed by VOLKSWORLD, GOLF PLUS MAGAZINE, PERFORMANCE VW, CAMPER & COMMERCIAL, VW DRIVER, JUST KAMPERS, BIG BOYS TOYS, AUT0BARN, THE PHIRM AND MEGABUG. The event has 22 classes and there will be awards for each class. As well as class awards, there will be a trophy and a replica for Best Water-cooled and Best Air-cooled in Show and a Special Interest Trophy awarded by the organisers. All advanced bookings get an entry pass into the whole Meet.

MISS VW
In keeping with Stonor and Expo tradition, why not encourage the young lady to enter our popular beauty contest? She must either own a VW or be directly connected with someone who does and must be at least 16 years of age. Prizes will be given to the first three with the winner collecting a cash prize of £100. Entry is free and the dress-code is T-shirt and shorts, if its not too cold or wet! This event is sponsored by ADRIAN FLUX INSURANCE.

TRADE STANDS & BOOT SALES
Trade stands are available at £45 per plot of five metre frontage. Please phone 01628 604254 for details and a booking form. Spaces will also be marked out for Boot Sales for a fee of £10 per car â sorry, no Transporter or LT sized vans will be allowed in the Boot Sales area. Payment for the Boot Sale is made on the day.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & CAMPING
Camping is available in advanced to those individuals, and their families, who are members of a club within the ABVWC at £13.00 per head including entrance to the show, Basic water and toilet facilities are available and this year there will also be a catering unit on site so no need to take your cooker if you don't want to. The booking form can be downloaded from the top of this page and must be returned by the 26th May 2011. Cheques should be made payable to VW Expo and sent to the address on the bottom of the form with a stamped self addressed envelope.

The organisers do not accept responsibility if the Meet must be cancelled due to any unforeseen circumstances. Nor do they, or Stonor Park Enterprises, take any responsibility for children under 18 whilst they are on the property.

Association of British Volkswagen Clubs - abVWc.co.uk - Home
Association of British VW Clubs

Forms can be downloaded from http://stonorpark.aircooledkonnection.com until they are available on the main site.

Back to the top
I keep meaning to go to this show as it's not far,

maybe this year ;)

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
Grizzlys are you involed in the show, if so when is the dealine for club stands?

James

Back to the top

Back to the top
If anyone want to do a club stand then:

ABVWC said

CLUB DISPLAYS
Club display areas are available around the arena for £45.00 per plot of five metre frontage or a reduced rate of £30.00 for clubs that are affiliated to the ABVWC. Each plot accommodates 3 or 4
vehicles comfortably.

James

Back to the top

James_W said

Grizzlys are you involed in the show, if so when is the dealine for club stands?

I am involved but it is John Daniel you need to speak to regarding club displays, unfortunately he has been taken ill at the moment so I would leave it a couple of weeks before contacting him.

Back to the top
For any facebookers Facebook Public Group | Facebook

James

Back to the top
Been going for past 6 years, one of the better shows.

I'd be up fir club stand if it can be sorted?

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Hi I am one of the organisers at Stonor VW Expo and have just come back from the meeting, there is a large area in the centre of the traders and an area in front of the Split Screen Van Club display, we are considering using . . . if you can get a club display out for just the price of the entry fee £8 per adult would you be interested?
That means you wouldnt have to pay the £45 traders per plot fee, just need to know how many cars can the club get together.

(the £8 fee goes to Stonor not the show organisers that why we cant wave it before anyone asks)

Could you let me know soonest cheers

Daz

PS cheers funk star for the convertible hood struts, sorry didn't reply sooner.

Back to the top
Would like to go to this show but I will be in Portugal this weekend.
So over to you funk ;)

James

Back to the top
Up to you guys & girls if you want to put a club display on if not let me know and we will offer it to someone else we just wanted to get a watercooled display up there as well as the Split Screen Van line up.

Back to the top
Give me a few days. How many cars?

Back to the top
As many as you can get together really just be nice to get something alternative to the split screen van club display up there.

Back to the top
Funk, I know Clarky_36 & Allana13 have said about going.

James

Back to the top
Looks like you've got it covered, Daz…

If a number of you want to turn up in convoy, please PM Daz or myself for some special info, about entry onto the park…

Back to the top
lol secret handshake style?

Back to the top

stoner

Im going to this event and be up for club stand great show last year :D

Back to the top

stephentazz said

Looks like you've got it covered, Daz…

If a number of you want to turn up in convoy, please PM Daz or myself for some special info, about entry onto the park…

Cheers no worries Steve.

Funk once you have yourselves sorted let me know expected numbers.

Back to the top

s

We'll be there hopefully, one car  :D

Back to the top
Im up for going on the Sunday, i think funk-star is going on the sunday too, Me n him may cruise down together so if anyone is coming from up north or near or around the Buckinghamshire Bedfordshire area feel free to join the convoy! let me know, my number is 07817 240453 let me know!!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.