Skip navigation

anything happening in west yorks? any locals goin to AGM?

Back to the top

anything happening in west yorks? any locals goin to AGM?

recently just got the golf fixed and mot'd after a year in the garage and want to use it this summer. Anything go off in yorkshire or anyone from round there ere parts going to the AGM? never been to a meet or on a mk1 golf convoy so would love to do something as i thought the golf had had it. but a year on and the old girl still battles on and is running better than ever (thanks to a new metering head got from this site!)

i cant imagine anything better than a big group of mk1s in a convoy. it gives me butterflies in my stomach just thinking bout it!

ps i missed the blackpool illuminations trip last year something like that sounds amazing

anyway, hope to hear back

liam

1991 Mk1 Golf GTi Rivage 1.8cc
113k on the clock
Owned for 16 years

Back to the top

west yorks meet

ey up,

i am also west yorkshire and have also never been to meet yet. just in process of fitting abf in my tin top which should be done by 23/02/11 then respray two days after that then done and ready to show/play with. build thread to follow. i am up for a meet, but more like a date at mo, ; )

UG

Back to the top
ha ha. yours sounds like its gunna look spanking. mine has seen better days but still holds her own when its washed and waxed. looking back i wish i had bought a tin top…..a nice black gti tin top with red trimmed grill. mines a blue rivage. totally standard never felt the need to change it…apart from lowered 40mm….think all golfs look better lower than standard….

anyway, lets hope we get some relies. due to working away i mite not be able to play till march/april.

i fancied a day or day and night at the AGM if anyone from west yorks goes or is goin? i dont know anyone on this site :(

113k on the clock
Owned for 16 years

Back to the top

show

Hi there there is a small vw show at elsecar heritage center barnsley youshaly weeked after easter not seenanything advertised but when i do i will post a link?

As to AGM i will be going but as yet do knot know in what car the tintop is a shell and just looking 4 a daily ride?

Yours greatfully
 Mark wood
Woody

Yorkshire Region Host
Woody
Mark Wood

Not Just a car its  life style Thing

Back to the top
hopefully were gonna organise a bit of a meet up in doncaster soon, keep an eye open will be advertised soon (i hope lol) the more the merrier

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
I have a Mk1 Golf GX at home in Halifax at the moment but i am currently at Loughborough Uni.
Hopefully will get it up and running over the easter holidays so it would be good to have a meet around then.
Depending on the golf, I will be going to the AGM for a day or two as well.

Back to the top
great stuff sounds good ill just keep checking back then.....at uni and have a mk1 golf project at home? thats impressive good luck with it hope you get it up and running mate. doncaster, elsecar...both good for me...cheers for the replies lads

113k on the clock
Owned for 16 years

Back to the top

meets in yorkshire

hi mate dub preservation meet at squires cafe south milford on the first thursday of every month bout half six seven  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
hi to you all next week a few of us are meeting up to go to a show please follow the link i am going any one else up for it

The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
hi to you all there seems only to be a few of us in west yorkshire why dont we arange to meet up once a month in a location to suit every one

Back to the top
sounds good....i just need to insure mine ha ha anyone got any advice for insurers who are kind to lads with a mk1 1 golf gti soft top ???? :)

113k on the clock
Owned for 16 years

Back to the top
please see the links for footman james/premiumchoice

Back to the top

insurance

:lol: hi mate try peter best got my cabby insured £98 fully comp  1.8 auto ( had to limit mileage to 3k but got free recovery )  :lol:

Back to the top
is that per month pal?

113k on the clock
Owned for 16 years

Back to the top
i got mine for 140.00 per year full comp and thats with the wife on as well ltd to 3000 miles

Back to the top
:O

thats immense. who with? thing is im only gunna run her for 5 months this year as a summer car so paying 500+ for a years iunsurance isnt very appealing at all

113k on the clock
Owned for 16 years

Back to the top
put it on classic car its cheaper

Back to the top

insurance

hi mate nope that was total for the year give em a bell :lol:

Back to the top
got a quote online for 198 for year which is awesome going to ring them up next few days….is a 92 cabby classed as a classic?

cheers for the heads up

113k on the clock
Owned for 16 years

Back to the top
hi, im from oakwarth nr keighley, west yorkshire, really want to go to a meet! only problem is i never get weekends off :( i think theres one at the trafford centre once a month on last thursday which i plan on going to soon, could be wrong about date though?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.