2.0 16v conversion, custom radiator in :p

Back to the top

2.0 16v conversion, custom radiator in :p

You Golf has be Berted Matt,

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Good to see the 'project' now on the road - dont lose the supercharger sounding gearbox !!  :lol:

SW, SW, SW, N !

Back to the top
It certainly goes well :)

________________________  RS3

Back to the top

paul_c said

mAtt- said

you cannot rush these things Paul (astraman)

and paul (paul_c)

i have all recipts but i'm scared to add them up, its amazing how the big stuff seems expensive until you start adding up all the little bits then you realise thats where all the money went ..

Matt

It won't change how much it cost you! And also, it gives you a chance to review where you got value for money, etc. But mainly, it would be very interesting to others to see how much this kind of engine conversion costs. So many people just think 16V….I can pick one of them up for about £100? but there's much more to it! I wish I'd kept a track of costs of my 16V, I did do with all the other cars since then though.

Totally agree with this!

I bought my 16v conversion as a non-running project for about £1200, with a semi-knackered 9A in it. After buying a KR bottom end (and then refurbing it, new bearing shells, piston rings etc) for a measly £100 ish, I reckon the whole project stands me at about £4,500 once you factor in knackering 2 gearboxes, fully poly bushing, brake upgrade, about £300 at Vehicle Wiring Products etc. etc.
Trouble is, I want genuine parts a lot of the time (where available!) and  they can be stupidly expensive.
Also I took it on Friday to get the tracking, camber, toe setting etc done. Used to be £20-25 when I used to get my old mk2s done. Not any more, £110  8O  8O  8O  8O
When did this happen??
I have to say, it has made a world of difference though. Goes round corners much better now  :D

Current:
2016 Audi RS3, Sepang Blue (Daily)
1999 Audi A4 2.5 TDI Quattro (Tip Car)
1983 Golf GTi 16v (Weekend toy, currently offroad)

Back to the top
Very nice engine conversion, looks perfect. I always said the cabs should of come with 16v engine. Nice job.

Madone with the two Cabs 82 (UK RHD) and 85 (US LHD) (92 sold)

Back to the top
looks good under the hood  :D

Mk1 golf GTI cabriolet 1.8. Helios blue. born 02/08/1990.

Back to the top

the spending continues lol just paid £160 for a custom built rad polished alloy ..

Back to the top
engine looks ace mate

Back to the top

Back to the top
Matt

Back to the top
rad nice . i want one
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.