Skip navigation

2.0 16v conversion, custom radiator in :p

Back to the top

2.0 16v conversion, custom radiator in :p

That is one impressive ….don't really have words to describe what you've done there mate, but i like it :-)

Back to the top
thankyou myfirstgolfmk1 :D

took car to berts today to try and get it running a little better but he rekons its suffering from fuel starvation, a mate was helping me on the first build and the car slipped of the trolley jack, straight into the tank !! :( so got home and pulled the tank i brought last year out and decided to clean it up ready for fitting tommorrow, no stanford hall for me :(

but anyway heres tank

rubbed a few scabs down and painted some of this on , anyone know if its any good ??

stuff applied

painted with hammerite smooth out of a rattle can ready to be fitted

i have been spraying the rear beam nuts with wd40 for a few weeks now so today thought i would try the bolts and they all came off so no problems tomorrow hopefully :D

Back to the top
hi if u dont mine me asking how much did u pay for the exhaust

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2748/dadssig.gif

Back to the top
tank change today

wheels chocked

car jacked up

took weight of rear beam with a stand for one of my motorcross bikes

then undid rear beam bolts

stabbed tank at its lowest point with screw driver and hammer to drain it

took pipes off and plug for intank pump

took the 2 little pips on top of tank

then just pulled tank out put new and in and connected everything back up, while i had it stripped down i polybushed rear beam and fitted eibach anti roll bar also

new tank in :D

very constructive day today was pleased with how easy it all went was dreading changing this tank and havin rear beam bolts snap or something, looks like spraying them with wd40 for weeks paid off ..

Back to the top
matt…….. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Banner

Back to the top
cheers dazzle :D

Back to the top
had trouble getting it timed up so called the cavalry

also set the mixture

cheers Ross :D

runs sound now when its warm, think i have a WUR or ISV problem, i'm going through the checks in the haynes manual now :D

Back to the top
its all ready for MOT now, hopefully saturday :)

Back to the top
WOW  ABOUT TIME

Back to the top
Did you keep an accurate track of the costs?

Back to the top
you cannot rush these things Paul (astraman)

and paul (paul_c)

i have all recipts but i'm scared to add them up, its amazing how the big stuff seems expensive until you start adding up all the little bits then you realise thats where all the money went ..

Matt

Back to the top
booked into Berts 10am in morning for the MOT :D

Back to the top
:D  :D  :D

Had a blast in Matt's car today…
Very Fast

On 'Berts' ramp

Oil change…. i did nearly blow the new engine,,,,you did say give it some  :?  :?  8O  8O  :wink:

:wink:

Banner

Back to the top
excellent work there matt your car looks stunning!!!!
A++++++++++++++++

Back to the top
 i did nearly blow the new engine,,,,you did say give it some

you were allowed to change gear before you ran out of road daz .. lol

and thanks mancdave :D

Back to the top
Good work here  :D

are you from chesterfield?

Back to the top
no mate oldbury down by birmingham why did you think i was from chesterfield ??

Back to the top

mAtt- said

Also my gf went to 6th form with someone called matt with a white mk1 cab (in chesterfield) so seemed a decent guess my bad :lol:

Back to the top
i thought the ross mobile might have thrown people out, hes a good lad and seems to take engines as payment which is all good :D

Back to the top

mAtt- said

you cannot rush these things Paul (astraman)

and paul (paul_c)

i have all recipts but i'm scared to add them up, its amazing how the big stuff seems expensive until you start adding up all the little bits then you realise thats where all the money went ..

Matt

It won't change how much it cost you! And also, it gives you a chance to review where you got value for money, etc. But mainly, it would be very interesting to others to see how much this kind of engine conversion costs. So many people just think 16V….I can pick one of them up for about £100? but there's much more to it! I wish I'd kept a track of costs of my 16V, I did do with all the other cars since then though.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.