Skip navigation

2.0 16v conversion, custom radiator in :p

Back to the top

2.0 16v conversion, custom radiator in :p

For sell if you want them, there attached to a polished manifold upper and lower, all 4 injectors and the metering head which has chrom banjo bolts.  PM me if your interested.

And it looked alright in my car, looks way better now!

Back to the top
stripped out the burnt looms today and the braking system and all the brakets i don't need cut off and all holes i don't need welded up, painted the bay, this is it in primer, forgot to take a picture painted :(

Back to the top
did nothing Sunday, was my best mates birthday so went on a 12hour bender instead :) all new gaskets brought this morning so finish the engine of after work this week then next saturday will be dropping 9a back in :)

Matt

Back to the top
plans for gettin engine back in are out the window, was at work saturday and went to the uttoxeter classic car show today .. so all posponed for another week :(

Back to the top
bit of a slow week, not happy with painted alternator so i have took it back off and stripped it down to polish it

brought some stainless allthread and cap head bolts to make some bolts for the rocker cover and intake manifolds

the 2 arrowed had to be took back out and normal bolts put back in because the intake manifold won't fit back on properly

probably pointless mod as none of them can be seen once intake is on lol

also started putting stuff back into the painted bay

Back to the top
Your engine looks sweet as a nut mate :D

Back to the top
spent friday afternoon sorting fuel lines and power steering pipes and a few other little bits and bobs, then today stuck the engine back in and did exactly what i did last time and forgot them dam rubber inserts each side of the engine mounts, what a mission to get the mounts out enough to get them back in, but atleast there in now :)

Matt

Back to the top
shiny shiny
8)

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
yep, much polising ahead me thinks :(

Back to the top
todays progress

took dash out

managed to get a  pre 90 engine loom out of a mk2 16v

starting shortening some of the wires and making the 7 i need to go over to the throttle position sensor and airbox longer keeping wires colour coded :D

crack one of my soldering irons out tomorrow and finish it all off, just need to find something to wrap the loom up with then

Matt

Back to the top
busy days yesterday and today, carried on fitting the loom

getting there

done

then fitted injectors onto fuel lines i got off Lee_dub and started fitting airbox too, noticed on the mk2 rohr pipe there was an extra pipe on the bottom of it for the over-run cutoff valve, i could have fitted that but i like my mk1 ally pipe so set about adding the hole and extra bit of pipe for second pipe

heres the pipe i have on my samco rohr

extra pipe fitted here, then polished it back up, had to lose the sticker whilst polishing but i'll get another

Back to the top
end of play today

got a few wires left to connect once i find out where there from/go

hopefully get the exhaust on and 100mm driveshafts fitted tomorrow and maybe if time allows get the tank changed

Back to the top
crap day today, managed to get the manifold on then rain stopped play :(

oh well couple of well deserved pints in the pub instead, and think i'll have a couple of days of work this week to, i want it running this weekend coming :)

Back to the top
after scratching my head for weeks found out it was my ecu fried that stopped my fuel pump working, stuck another one in and it fires up how :) timing is way out and won't tick over but signs of life atleast :)

Back to the top
Will it be ready for the meet next week ?

Back to the top
TOP stuff nuff said

Back to the top
Looks real nice!

Back to the top
i doubt it astramman lol, slow progress but i almost lost heart to be honest thinking it was my wiring i was at my wits end, was thinking about just calling a scrapman to come fetch it, but i'm gettin inspiration back now, have a good crack at it this weekend .. need to get it somewhere to try tune it into a running state ..

thanks for your comments folks :D

Matt

Back to the top
gearbox and linkages sorted i now have gears :) and it drives, few little hiccups with power steering, which hopefully i'll sort tomorrow then its over to Berts for an MOT ready for next weekend :) gonna try and get it into local power flow to make me a stainless steel jobbie, i really do hate this 4-2-1 conversion manifold being so close to steering rack ….

Back to the top
put car a a trailer today and went to closest powerflow centre, Kingswinford tyres

and got a full stainless exhaust made

thats another thing sorted ..  :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.