Skip navigation

82 mars red GTI

Back to the top

The little GTI, 82 mars red mk1

Yep :lol:

Back to the top
Last weekend I got another GTI project which had solid doors and tailgate, so they will be going onto this car and the ones from this can go onto that.

Haven't heard anything on the body work side of things for a bit so no updates on that but I've been working on the engine. Bought new cam belt, tensioner, thermostat and genuine head gasket for it, still have a long list of bits that I need for it though! :lol:Blasted and painted my sump and accumulator bracket. On the head I've been having a go at porting it, watched a few you tube vids and got out the Dremel and had ago, hopefully it won't turn out bad when its done.

Doors-

-engine bits

Back to the top
great job on all repairs and progress, coming along nicely

:thumbs:

Back to the top
Cheers :)

Back to the top
can i have the passenger door please???

O_o

Back to the top
You can have the photo of it! :lol:

Back to the top
im already drooling over it………………..aaahhh a non s##gged passenger door lol

:lol:

Back to the top
Haha, I'm quite amazed that I've got a pair of rust free ones!

Back to the top
All the welding that I wanted the bodyshop to carry out is now complete!!!:ocf_emoticons__eusa_dance:All thats left is 2 brackets and a check over to make sure that I haven't missed anything, then its going to be dipped and plated when I've saved up again:lol:.

Got my new genuine oil pump today and have got it fitted along with the sump. Planning on having the head porting finished by the end of this weekend so I can get it skimmed and rebuilt.

Also I bought a full set of the OEM+ polybushes from VW heritage at GTI international.

sill

boot floor repair

rear panel

and a shot of the full thing, starting to look mk1 shaped again:)

Oil pump and sump

Bushes

Back to the top
Looking good mate, when do you think you'll be getting her dipped then?

Back to the top
Cheers, hopefully in a cupple of months I'll have enough to get it done. Until then I'll just be doing the engine and suspension bits.

Back to the top
There's always something to be cracking on with eh!! :lol:

Back to the top
There is…  too much to be doing :lol:

Back to the top
Finished porting my head and as much as I could of the inlet manifold, so that'l be going off for a skim sometime soon. Finally got round to repainting my petrol tank, and spent a few hours removing a few dents in the doors that I'm going to be using.

The door looked like it had been dropped on the front corner and dented it quite badly, knocked it back into shape best I could and then had to build the very edge of the corner back up with some weld. Then I moved onto the other damage, where someone had attempted to break into the car at some point and had made a mess of the door handle area and quarter window frame. I removed them the best I could, the window frame came out quite well I think but it will still need a bit of filler.

Only pics I have of the head and inlet manifold

petrol tank, striped back and painted with POR15

Door repairs

Productive weekend for a change :lol:

Back to the top
Nice work ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Back to the top
Looking good Joe :cool:

Back to the top
Cheers Andy :), this should be getting dipped when yours goes to the body shop!

Back to the top
Nice work so far mate, keep it up

Back to the top
Cheers mate.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.