Skip navigation

Mk1 G60 build up number 2

Back to the top

Mk1 G60 build up number 2

paul_h said

Because of the charger you have to use either a g60 rad or as I have use a 1.5 topfill I used mercedes sprinter intercooler with a golf rallye u bend off the charger

Cheers bud  :wink:

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top
New seats.need to buy some proper subframes as the side mounts sit to far back due to the crossmember

Bit more bling in the bay.

oh and put some genuine indicator lenses back in :)

83 MK1 GTI G60 85 MK2 GTI 20VT 2004 SEAT ALTEA 2.0 TDI SPORT

Back to the top
looks great paul, are you leaving the heater matrix out? why change from silver shell

Back to the top
No need for a heater matey it won't get used in the cold or wet :) was cheaper for me to buy a good shell that had already been done to a good standard.

Back to the top
it looks fab all the same dash is different, il be on the hunt for a G60 lump, as my 1.6gti is having hot start probs :cry: plus it needs to be done :lol:

Back to the top

dash

nice to see someone sticking the finger to 'how a car should look'! the only improvement i could suggest is taking the dash face, the flat plate with all the switches and whatnot, and painting that the same red, i think it'd finish off the look and give you a good contrast betwen the black outer and dials…just a thought  :)

This is not a good town for psychedelic drugs

Back to the top
That panel is going to be carbonfibre :)

Back to the top
lookin good paul :) whats the make of that strut brace i like the way it surrounds the top of the shocks ???

Back to the top
Cheers matt not sure on make it was off ebay under username ybracing same people that did the alloy showcages.

Back to the top
No more sunroof It's been replaced with a carbon fibre roof skin :)

Back to the top
WOW! That looks proper good :)

Back to the top

Back to the top
This car has been taken to another level, dash looks great!

Back to the top
Thanks mate been busy painting bits and bobs for the engine today :)

Back to the top
nice motor ,love the new roof .Who'd you get it from ?Did you fit it yourself ?any pics of the roof being fitted or the car with the old roof off?i'm looking to get my sunroof replaced i'm thinking of going with a c/f  roof ,is there any issues regarding warping the roof, say if you are working on the car and you have it jacked up on one side?any chance of a few more pics of the roof from a bit further away+ a few inside the car?also are you ganna fit a headliner in  the car ?i was thinking of getting the roof bars smoothed + tidied and just leave the inside with no lining to show off the c/f roof.sorry for all the questions  but my car is black  also + g60'd so i'm keen to have a look at all the pros +cons before i take its head off.thanks man.

Back to the top
It's a performance trim roof.
I did fit it myself you need to cut the roof about 4 inchs from the gutter then it just bonds on.
There is no flex in the car when jacking it up as you dont touch the strength of the roof.
Sorry i dont have any pics from inside but can get some next time i'm in the garage :)

Back to the top
Got my bbs striped ready to refurb and paint.

also bought some wider dish's for the rear so will be poking out 9's and changing the fronts to 8's to fit the extended archs.

Back to the top
few new piccys

wheels built up and back on

wind deflectors on

dash back in

engine all plumbed in and wiring all hiden

And it's alive i couldnt beleive it started like this after a year off the road and all the messing with the wiring.Pretty loud without the exhaust connected :lol:

Back to the top
new lips look darn sexy!!!
wondering where did you get your new top fill radiator and fan from?
being 380 to miss the charger if I'm correct ?
im also fitting an 02a box but struggling to find a rear mount for it,
did you have to make one ?

Back to the top
dragged it's bum out the garage i havn't touched it for months.it needs a good clean

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.