Skip navigation

Tues 1st March Milton Keynes

Back to the top

Tues 1st March Milton Keynes

funk-star said

still have the green cab, just needs a clutch.

Hell yea ill be at the shows, Trying to get a white tintop at the moment for some dropping :-)

What happened to the one you slammed on G60 wheels????  You going for that look again?  You going to Spring Fest 27th March (Sunday) bud?  Going to make that my first and sounds like loads are up for going.  What happened to your red cabby you were going to drop the engine into as Spring fest is Run What You Brung I think  8)  8)  8)  8)

Back to the top
Red sportline went to cillitikas as i needed the space.
Still have the engine and box etc.

The inari silver one was killed AGES ago as in 1.5v years approx???

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

funk-star said

Red sportline went to cillitikas as i needed the space.
Still have the engine and box etc.

The inari silver one was killed AGES ago as in 1.5v years approx???

Not the silver one mate.  You had a slammed white cabby about 6 months ago didn't ya?  Either your getting old or you go through too many mk1's in a year… actually I think it's both!!!

Back to the top
Lol no that was crimbo 2009 when the engine went bang on the White one.

There has been 4 at Mk meets since then

Back to the top

funk-star said

Lol no that was crimbo 2009 when the engine went bang on the White one.

There has been 4 at Mk meets since then

My God - DVLA must hate you lol !!!!

Looking forward to seeing your TT's lol  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
I hate you........ Oh sorry I read that wrong.... No still hate you

Back to the top

funk-star said

I hate you…….. Oh sorry I read that wrong…. No still hate you

I am currently holding one finger up to your avatar… can you guess which one it is???  :lol:

It's like play-school… you only hate the ones you fancy… I promise not to wear my tight toosh jeans next Tuesday.  I know it's difficult for ya  :mrgreen:

Me and Alaine are thinking of getting a family motor instead of the crappy pug… was going to text you and ask your advice… what's a good family motor?  Audi A4 TDI….. VW Passat….. something that size… what would you say is a decent motor mate?

Back to the top
What's your budget?

I have quite a few motors at the moment. So might have something to float your boat.

As for which finger it's prob the one with poo on it!

Back to the top
where is spring fest? are you sure thats the right date for it?

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top

funk-star said

What's your budget?

I have quite a few motors at the moment. So might have something to float your boat.

As for which finger it's prob the one with poo on it!

At the minute we are saving for the wedding in October and a car… I'd say just before xmas we will have around £4k.  I dont mind seeing what you have near then or getting your views and tracking autotrader / ebay etc to see what they are going for… are the Passat and A3 good motors?  What else would be reliable?

You guessed right  :mrgreen:

Hmmmmmmm just had another look and it says Sunday April 3rd!!!  Either it changed or I got it wrong  :roll: …. I'm booking that and I'll update the posts I've made.  Still want to go to one next month though so I'll see if the missus wants to go to run what you brung on the Saturday 26th March… cheers Bruce

Back to the top
Ooooooo just 5 sleeps  :mrgreen: …. I've been running my mk1 all week as the Pug's exhaust is hanging off…. you just have to love an old golf  :mrgreen: .  Starts every morning, sounds great and it's awesome to drive… it's like being on the film set of Quantum leap…. you sit behind the wheel and everyone in generic pieces of metal looks at you…. they just have no idea  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
i bike to work every day and people look at you as if you ride a bike because you cant afford a car, little do they know I have the car i do. i drove to work today with my roof down and i love being able to leave it outside with the roof down knowing its not going to rain! I love the sound of my exhaust with my roof down, i want a straight through exhaust,

Will taking out my middle box and replacing it with just tube make my car fail the next MOT due to emissions or is that middle box just there just to reduce noise?

hehe i love me car!!!

Back to the top

brucieboy said

i bike to work every day and people look at you as if you ride a bike because you cant afford a car, little do they know I have the car i do. i drove to work today with my roof down and i love being able to leave it outside with the roof down knowing its not going to rain! I love the sound of my exhaust with my roof down, i want a straight through exhaust,

Will taking out my middle box and replacing it with just tube make my car fail the next MOT due to emissions or is that middle box just there just to reduce noise?

hehe i love me car!!!

8)  8) … I think it depends on the age of the car the emissions mate.  Don't go too loud just a bit throaty  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
i love noisey exhausts, i just want mine to sound a bit, like you say, throatier. Mark said he'd do it for me for 50 quid so im thinking its worth it!

Back to the top
HA check this out, had a bit of fun with the 'shop

well pleased with how it turned out!

Back to the top
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAA I'm actually smiling mate that's awesome!!!  put it in general chat "CARS - How it should have really looked!!!!"

Back to the top
Lol that's class.

Back to the top
that is really cool, Bruce Can you Print that out for me to give to Preston he loves Cars,

Dont think i can make spring festival Gutted.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
This is tomorrow night people  :mrgreen:

Me and Alaine will be there… mk1 feels a bit wobbly like it did when the wheel bearing collapsed so may be in the pug again…. but either way we will be there for a catchup  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
washed my car on saturday, put in the garage and refuse to drive it til tuesday so its as clean as it can be! WIN!

hope to see ALOT of people come to this! its about time everyone made the effort! and all you lot sitting on the fence, that thing wont hold you forever! so get involved and commit to the cause!!!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.