Skip navigation

£105 a year fully comp!!!!!!

Back to the top

£105 a year fully comp!!!!!!

im with direct line, paying 250 til august when my policy runs out and ill get another years no claims, footman james wouldnt quote me cus my cabby is insurance group 14 and under 25s will only get insured up to group 10 i think they said

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
145 fully comp fully protected 1.5 4 door auto cant remember the company was on q4 insurance sight.will try footman james sounds good.

Back to the top
PETER BEST ! - last year and this year they tranced everyone else on price for me, im 27, golf 1.8 carb clipper cabby, 3000 miles allowance, £3500 agreed value, breakdown cover, garaged £125.00 fully comp. Also agreed valuation stands for 3 years, so only need to re submitt pics after 3 years

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

richyhill said

PETER BEST ! - last year and this year they tranced everyone else on price for me, im 27, golf 1.8 carb clipper cabby, 3000 miles allowance, £3500 agreed value, breakdown cover, garaged £125.00 fully comp. Also agreed valuation stands for 3 years, so only need to re submitt pics after 3 years

This ^^, 100 quid a year for my mk1 gti and 300 a year on my mk2 VR6. Both agreed value and 5000 mile on classic policy. Nobody could touch them on the VR quote, Adrian flux was jokes, Footman wouldn't touch me, (So to speak).

Back to the top
Anyone know of any other companies that do classic car insurance policies as i rang up all of these today about insuring my Golf GX. I am only 20 years old as well.

Heritage - Minimum age 23
Lancaster - Minimum age 25
Adrian Flux - Minimum age restriction
Performance Direct - Minimum Age 23
Peter Best - Minimum Age 25
Carole Nash - Minimum Age 25
Footman James - Can only insure up to Group 7, mine is group 9  :(
Premium Choice - Classic Car policy only for second car

So does anyone know of any other companies?
Thanks

Back to the top
sureterm direct :)

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks for that JellyBelly, i will give them a call tomorrow.

Back to the top
Just had a look at their website (Sureterm Direct) and it says "Drivers from 23 to 74 can be covered" so i dont think they will insure me. I will give em a call tomorrow though.

I really want to sort out a classic car policy as some of the above companies were quoting around £4 K !!!

Back to the top
nortan insurance :)
brent acre :)

Banner

Back to the top

chortle said

Try lancaster as well, they beat Footman James and Adrian Flux for me.

I am Lancaster as well, for 3000 miles with no no claims, 40 years old, garages, got it for £150.

Am I right in that I can only use my full no claims on one policy as I do on my everyday car ??

C

Back to the top
Just renewed again with A.Flux, £167 fully comp. with agreed value of £5,000.  Better than last years which was over £200! :)

Back to the top
I have been ringing up a few more companies about insurance and for nearly all of the classic car insurance policies i need to be over 23/25 and i am only 20  :(
Footman James said they do insure under 21 but only up to insurance group 8 and my golf is group 9  :x
I asked how much it would be when i am 21 and they said £250 which is very good and is what i am looking at paying but unfortunately my birthday isnt till october.
I have looked at getting my dad as the main driver and me as a named driver for a classic car policy and nobody will allow this as the named driver needs to be over 25.
On confused.com i am getting quotes of around 2K which is ten times what i am willing to pay so i am either going to have to wait till october, spend 2K on insurance (which is highly unlikely as i cannot afford it) or buy another golf with a smaller engine and store mine somewhere out of the rain.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Back to the top
i pay £270 f/comp for the year at 26and only been driving 2 and abit years on a 1.8 16v

southern direct!!

Back to the top
Buy a mk4 tdi 115 with a six speed bolx

Back to the top
wow, will give these guys a ring when renewal comes round. I'm currently £650 fully comp no restrictions on my cabby gti, that's with Renew Insurance. I'm 25, a few of the classic insurers I rang said my '89 golf was too young to be a classic :|

- adm

Back to the top
I have just renewed my insurance with Lancaster. Cost me £190 including breakdown and agreed value of 3k. Its on a limited mileage of 3000. I'm 24 with 2 years no claims and declared all modifications, so all good really.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.