Skip navigation

south wales meets for 2011

Back to the top

south wales meets for 2011

Trying to attach pics to my signature.... how do I do it?

1983 Mk1 Golf 1.8 GTI CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE.

1991 Polo Coupe 1.3 CL.

Back to the top
Hi Guys, on Hydans PM list as well but I'm flat out getting car ready for race season so no time out of garage plus car in lots of bits as well. Should be back together for Welsh hillclimb championship rounds at Llandow sprint on May7th and Llay Y Fran Hillclimb on 8th May (fingers crossed).  If anyone wants to see an 8v MK1 Gold @ 9000rpm on on the track come along :D .

If there is a meet during the race season and I'm not racing I will try and drag it along as long so keep me on your list Hydan (as there are not to many road miles as it's not much fun to drive on the road long distance :( )

Back to the top
i will try and turn up for as many as i can this year but sadly with out my golf as its half way through restoration hoping to have it done for summer but i dont want to rush it.
i in need of a fuel line that runs under the car if any one got one for sale its the high pressure one that runs the whole length under the car.
safe guys.

Back to the top

meet

hi all
been off line due to server change and as i am on talk talk there is a problem with them changinfg something or so the tech people say.

meet still on so as some of you haven't cars on road yet come in any old or new banger

haydn

Haydn

Regional Host South Wales

Back to the top
I would like to come to the meet. I'm from the Aberdare area.

I've had my clipper about 18 months its needed a fair bit of work but i've finally got there, i'm gonna tax it on monday and its booked in for a stainless steel exhaust at the end of next week so it will be finally up and running! Once its had a good clean I will get some pictures up!  :D

If theres any updates about the meet, where and when etc feel free to let me know!!

Cheers
Ceri

Back to the top

Re: meet

Taffygoat said

hi all
been off line due to server change and as i am on talk talk there is a problem with them changinfg something or so the tech people say.

meet still on so as some of you haven't cars on road yet come in any old or new banger

haydn

Or if anyone needs picking up from the Newport area to Sarn Services, let me know

Alex

Back to the top
Haydn are you still having problems with talk talk?

I cant connect to the site when I use talk talk at home.

I keep getting the old message saying the server is being changed (that was a while ago now)

Ceri.

Back to the top

meet

hi all
hope all you welsh guys were wearing daffodils yesterday, dont forgeet the meet on 20th this month
haydn

Haydn

Back to the top
big norm, did i see you on the m4 last week, i came off at newport east?! there was a blue cabby in lovely nick, went past me in the 50 average?!  if it was you, i know she needs a clean!!! :wink:

'90 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet, Weber Carb, Paprika Red

Back to the top

MEET

LIST OF LIKELY'S

taffygoat
bignormrivage
welshmk1
adie666
era
atothej
ceza

could be's
yanto2003
clarence
tattym1
blackcherry
chrismk1cabby

dont forget come in any car if mk1 off road as we want to set up a south wales region

thanks
haydn

Haydn

Back to the top

Chrismk1cabby said

big norm, did i see you on the m4 last week, i came off at newport east?! there was a blue cabby in lovely nick, went past me in the 50 average?!  if it was you, i know she needs a clean!!! :wink:

I was in that area on wednesday Chris.

Depending on the time i was either on my way or going home from having my roof done.

Was you in your MK1?

Back to the top
Lowered some more, sorted the camber issue out, sound proofed the whole car, fitted some new rear lights.  1 week to go.

Back to the top
Yea I was in a paprika red cabby, with a White roof… In need of a rad, but should be there for the meet if I can source one in time!!

Unless anybody knows of a rad for a 1.8 carb goin cheap, that doesn't leak?! :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

'90 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet, Weber Carb, Paprika Red

Back to the top

meet

6 days and counting come on after saurdays win lets get south wales up and running

haydn

Haydn

Back to the top

meet

just areminder for sunday 20th at 11am in sarn park services and on to porthcawl for fish and chips, weather today says it should be fine to have the tops down

haydn

Haydn

Back to the top
What part of the services we meeting in?

Back to the top

meet

sarn park services  top car park, but if you are there early look in all for anyone
haydn

Haydn

Back to the top

Back to the top
4 mk1's this time, doubled the number from the last meet so expecting 8 next time.  Was a good meet nice to meet everyone.  A few pictures below,

Alex

Back to the top
Nice to put a few new faces to the names today.

Hopefully we can get more people for the next meet.

Anyway here are a few pics i took on my phone.

When we were driving through porthcawl it was nice to see how many people stopped to look at us going past.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.