Skip navigation

Car suggestions to replace comapny car

Back to the top

Car suggestions to replace comapny car

I have a 08 diesel passat estate - can't fault it. Plenty of space in the rear - good economy - nice drive! Decent spec… I like the bmw 520d too. A mate has an auto sport one - nice drive…

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Im in the same situation having just moved companies and had my mk4 Gt TDI for the last 3 years the new company say it must be no more than 5 years old so i am forced to sell a perfectly decent car.

I have been looking at 08 jetta diesel sport, Golf estate tdi, Seat Cupra FR, or high spec Polo. i have budget of £10k and needs to be about 2 years old so i keep for 3.

I had to give myself a slap when i started looking at Jag xtype Estate diesel.

Im not even going to look at fords or vauxhalls.

Keep the sergestions coming

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
ha ha, know what you mean, i looked at the Jag's as well, and alot of car for the money, but they look a bit dated now to say the least.

im still looking , i think at :

BMW 3 series and 5 Series
Mazda 6
Volvo V50

and considered a fully specked focus zetec S ………

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top
One of my friends had an FR diesel and had a persistant problem with warning lights! Once one went off another came on

Back to the top
hmmmm :-( dosnt sound great lol.

Thought i had come up with a happy comprimise, sporty looks, good fuel economy, still VAG and can get a 2 year old car with average mileage within my price range

The white one is not too far from my house so gona go take a look on sat, take out for drive and see what ride is like, as looking for nice sport looks but also smooth for all the miles im doing ….

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
They are very nice cars and very efficient, he has since bought a new Lancer and petrol is going through it like anything!

Dont get me wrong nice cars, may well have just been his one and unlucky!

Back to the top
I drove an FR and it was nice, the only problem it was an early 57 plate with 48,000 miles and still 10K, just a little old foe me but drove very well.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)

2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

Back to the top
I took the White stylance in advert above out yesterday, was pritty impressed with it, looks the part, goes well, liked the DSG box, was a nice smooth ride and not too bumpy although it looks sporty. Unfortunately this particular one was tatty round the kit etc, and there are a few others about with better mileage and spec, just not in the white :-( which does look great. Whites Prob not practical for a sales job going up and down the motorway each week anyway.

Ant 5, how you getting on, sounds like a tall task to find a car you will like at a max of 2 years old with reasonable mileage for 10K , would an Octavia be in your price range ?

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
STU - Can you believe they dont do the new shape mazda 6 in an auto ! !

such a shame , great spec and good price  :(

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
I have been lucky and stupid enough to buy over 30 cars in last 9 years and have had all sorts.
I would go BMW with the 2 litre diesel engine for good performance and economy.
The 520d m sport on 19s is brilliant but so are the same engined 3 series m sport.

I have had the Audi a4 s line avant with 2 litre 140 bhp engine and it was good better interior than BMW but BMW is a much better drivers car, better economy and performance.

My wife just got the a6 2litre tdie as a company car and that is a good big bus if you need the size with reasonable running costsish.

Lastly the skoda vrs is a great machine and for a mile munched the seat exeo diesel sport is very good value and well specced.

My curve ball would be an Audi tt diesel s line, I had one and it is expensive to buy but bullet proof residuals, great economy, decent space for a coupe and great to drive. After I had it 6 months and traded it in I only lost £1k, can't beat that.

Hope this helps

Chris

Back to the top

richyhill said

Ant 5, how you getting on, sounds like a tall task to find a car you will like at a max of 2 years old with reasonable mileage for 10K , would an Octavia be in your price range ?

Been too busy at work to really look. I think short term i will swap cars with the wife so i have the Touran and then gives me time to sell the Mk4 properly, Think i can get a good Jetta Sport for budget and keep looking at x type jags, There is also an A4 Estate at a local garage on a 57 for £11k might be worth a look :dontknow:

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)

2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

Back to the top
Massbad69 Thanks for the advise, i do want to go and look at and Exeo and see if i can get one within my budget, at the moment a 3 or 5 series with the 2.0 diesel engine is looking most likely, although i have a guy at Merc trying to get me into C220CDI Sport for my budget as well.

ant5 the jetta sports are a good buy for the money , speak to smokeybubbles on here, and see my anyone work at BMW, VW etc etc thread. He has offered trying to get me a good deal if they have something i like, and says all owners club members will get a good deal :-)

A curve ball for me is i might take on my dads 2003 lexus for 6 months and add my car allowance from that 6 months to my budget to give me a bit more cash. But is a 2.0 petrol so i have to keep under 80 on motorway for decent fuel economy (which obviously i always do). The plus side is he will prob let me have it for 2-3k and i could sell it private for 4-4.5K 6 months later

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Well I've bought an Alfa 159 lusso jtdm 16v on an 09 plate and at a reasonable price. I certainly couldn't but the same age and spec with the vw badge. The drive is excellent and holds the road well.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)

2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

Back to the top
I just inherited a skoda superb estate and just wow! Seriously a lot of car and the luxury inside is amazing, loads of space, bags of extra leg room and well set out.
Only drove it for a few days now. It's a 1.8 petrol with dsg box.
Still getting my head around all the controls but can't fault it at all

Back to the top
Has anyone suggested an audi??

Back to the top
my mate has a octavia vrs as a company car, best car he has had!

if not, i'd go with an a3 or a4.

here for a good time, not a long time

Back to the top
audi a3 tdi then remap it when u get bored of it :)

Back to the top
get a passat cc…or a vauxhall insignia.

The vauxhall is a nice drivers car, it's not exciting by any means, but then this is to be a high mileage work horse, it's comfortable and servicing costs will be minimal.

The passat cc will cost more, but it's a bit more flash to appeal to the badge lover within.

BMW or merc is just too expensive for not much more:  Servicing at dealerships we all know is a joke, but even the price of tyres and any parts you may need makes it impractical.

I just paid £45 for a bit of plastic for the roof of my mini.

good luck regardless.  Try and get a car on a personal lease though, buying used is daft now with prices at an all time high.  And buying a new car? well, that's just silly.

'83 Black GTI Cab on BBS RAs - DreamBoat 3000'

Resto = http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=67552

Back to the top
My mums selling her c2 vts deisel, black perfect condition, just serviced, mot'd and taxed, 2007 plate, 35k on the clock, does 55mpg and only £30 tax a year she wants £5800 for it, duno if it's your thing ??

In another note I've got a replacement headlight for you could drop it round after work sometime as I'm only down in avonmouth:)

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.