Skip navigation

ABF golf 1.1c

Back to the top

ABF golf 1.1c

Hi all starting a new project this year after i sold my last gti   :cry: Got this of a mate of mine who was planning on doing it him self but lost intrest so rather than let it go to waste i had it off him.. tidy
I have been collecting bits for a little while some s1 parts which i was going to use but no longer going to and some other bits n bobs bbs rm, grill, interior bits and also an mk3 16v the other day, so  thought i would share some pics of the progress so far not much hahaha   :D

Car is in good shape never been welded by the looks of things original arches and sills few bits of surfice rust not bad at all..Plans are full respray in ?????? don't know what  yet big decision thinking grey or maybe brown..Abf pretty much standard for now nice clean and simple…..

ABF POWER

Aint got much space at the mo so slow progress with weather an all hoping to get a bigger space soon so i can strip it right down..

Back to the top
I'll be watching this one, interested to see how it goes

Back to the top
Wish i had a friend with one of these lying about that they didnt want!

Back to the top
Not alot of progress at the min have not got much room to work with. But welded a few holes which were in the sill nothing major…

also going to start on this next

Back to the top
Mini update been collecting more bits on sat, a golf cab was braking in my local paper so went around to grab a few bits…as mine is a 1.1 needed a few  gearbox, 5 spd rack, gear linkage,anti roll bars, well the whole rear beam too,bottom arms ,drive shafts, hubs calippers, fuel pump bargin…. did take me 4 hours to get it all off haha need to go back and get the tank and couple of other bits which i forgot on the weekend..

should be all good once cleaned and painted.

Back to the top
Did a similar conversion on my golf here

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=66480&highlight=wolfgang

wiring was fun and was probably the reason hardly anyone does the conversion and I got the engine so cheap :-) . got it running sweetly now. I've got the wiring diagrams I can send you if you don't already have them.

Need to get some more recent pics up

Back to the top
Cool yeah that would be fantastic i might need them as i do not have them… last thing i am thinking about at the min and i am not the best with wiring haha..I have quite a bit to do before then haha

Hoping to sort out a bigger space by the end of the month so i can strip both cars down..and get cracking
mine is m reg 1995 think it does have an imobiliser..

Back to the top
Well finally moved the car not really where i wanted but as the nights are getting longer and hopefully the weather will stay nice..Its out side where i work so it is kinda handy..
Aint done much as i have been on the beer quite alot haha..

Got the engine out today didnt take to long not much to it ha. Started at 4 30 done by 7..

Should be able to get a lot more done now as i got more space.. as long as the weather dont let me down to much..
If any one needs any bits off the 1.1 engine let me know.

Back to the top
Nice 1 mate

love the ol 1.1's

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Hey fella, glad to see you're making good progress so far with the 'C'

Don't think I need anything off the lump at the moment however was wondering if you could do me a huge favour and take a picture pointing out exactly where the engine code is stamped on the front of the block?

As I've got what's down in the logbook as a 1.1 but i'm convinced it's been swapped out at some point for a 1.3!

However I can't seem to find the engine code on my block anywhere!

Cheers pal

Josh.

Back to the top

Dibdub1 said

Hey fella, glad to see you're making good progress so far with the 'C'

Don't think I need anything off the lump at the moment however was wondering if you could do me a huge favour and take a picture pointing out exactly where the engine code is stamped on the front of the block?

As I've got what's down in the logbook as a 1.1 but i'm convinced it's been swapped out at some point for a 1.3!

However I can't seem to find the engine code on my block anywhere!

Cheers pal

Josh.

Don't know if this helps josh…let me know if you need another.

Back to the top

allana13 said

Nice 1 mate

love the ol 1.1's

Cheers
Yeah used to go prety good for a 1.1 haha!!!

Back to the top
Thanks a lot for the picture pal! However i'm looking to find out where the engine code is stamped. On that one it should be "GU" somewhere. The 1.1's are a "GU" Code. The 1.3's are a "GF" code mate! So if it wouldn't be too much hassle if you could have a look anywhere for the markings "GU" because I think then that'd be the same place I imagine it would be on my lump lol!

Thanks a lot again mate, really appreciate it!

Cheers,

Josh.

Back to the top

Dibdub1 said

Thanks a lot for the picture pal! However i'm looking to find out where the engine code is stamped. On that one it should be "GU" somewhere. The 1.1's are a "GU" Code. The 1.3's are a "GF" code mate! So if it wouldn't be too much hassle if you could have a look anywhere for the markings "GU" because I think then that'd be the same place I imagine it would be on my lump lol!

Thanks a lot again mate, really appreciate it!

Cheers,

Josh.

Sorry josh cant find no gu code or any other..

Back to the top
Little more work done this weekend i just sold my van the other week and bought something new prob should of sunk it into the mk1 haha ..

It is the tdi anniversary model so really good on fuel and still goes like stink..So the mk1 still cleaning up the bay took the engine mount off to flip around cleaning all the grime and dirt off nightmare haha prep the bay up for some primer this week now..

Got all the interior striped out too fair play to the shell it aint in to bad shape nice..

Got the front panel back to bare metal and primed it and took of the n/s wing as i found a fair bit of filler on the arch looks like it had a bit of a prang in its life..All good tho as i have a spare genuine one off a mate which i got for my old gti and never put it on..

Well gonna try get the bay in primer by the end of the week haha we'll see….

Back to the top
exact same as mine hah, but interior in mine is nicer hah

Back to the top
Well my interior is not going back in as i have something else to go in….

I was going to just prep everything and prime and spray the bay but thought as the engine is out f#~k it might as well get it back to the metal see if there is any rot…Started tonight and managed to get the o/s wig off too.
Not sure weather to do the inner wings or not a lot of under seal on there?
some progress..

Back to the top
Looking good. I love that red my golf is the same colour and factory spec as yours.
Im in middle of a kr swap can't wait till it's finished.
Keep up with the good work mate.
il be keepin an eye on your thread:)

Back to the top

beardy said

Looking good. I love that red my golf is the same colour and factory spec as yours.
Im in middle of a kr swap can't wait till it's finished.
Keep up with the good work mate.
il be keepin an eye on your thread:)
Cheers Beardy Have you got a build thred on the go?

Do like the colour but seen as it is all striped i'm gonna change it ha.. choosing one is a little bit tricky as there are so many i like ha…cant wait to get it done too tho i realy need to stop drinking on the weekend and get more done!!!!   :lol:

Back to the top
Decided to take the bay back to bare metal ha prob not the best idea as it took alot longer than i thought..But might as well while the engine is out.Weather has been holding me back a little.

Welded up the bulk head where the clutch had pulled through little tricky as it is thin metal kept blowing holes through it still lerning the old welding too so not the neatest of jobs but i intend to put a clutch plate over it so you wont see it any way..

Also welded up the old mount holes and got the new big block mount welded up think/ hope it will hold up haha seems pretty strong..I bought a new mount of the bay insted of fliping the old on around it does seem a little bit bigger too!..

1.1 mount and gti mount!

How i left it last night hope to get some primer on it today before it rains again..

There are too many online users to list.