Skip navigation

17inch alloys

Back to the top

17inch alloys

GavB95 said

Here you go Dek.

That's a really nice looking car mate - I think everyone when hearing 17"s on a Mk1 imagines that it is a bit boy racer but that looks sweet.
It's a shame they're scrubbing.

I'm surprised by the 'haters' that have come out on this thread. I wonder if their cars are as nice?  :|

thanks for that how did you do that got to get brother inlaw to show me how
sadly the 17s have came off and 14inch are back on  tring to sell them now
iam no boy racer just wanted my mk1 to be deffrent it was ashame that they rubbed

i'am a mk1 golf nutter RHODEISAN RIDGEBACK mk1 cabbys rule and you drool

Back to the top
dek, we up for beers soon?
you done that Clipper seal kit yet?
Hope your well fella.
Thought you had different wheels on it all ready?

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top

dek said

thanks for that how did you do that got to get brother inlaw to show me how
sadly the 17s have came off and 14inch are back on  tring to sell them now
iam no boy racer just wanted my mk1 to be deffrent it was ashame that they rubbed

I found the picture on the Derby VW Club on Facebook and put it into my photobucket account.

Photo and Video Storage | Photobucket

If you register on there /\ you can add your own pictures to the account you create. each image is automatically given a code when you add it and you just copy and paste the code into your reply's/posts on here.  :D

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top

GavB95 said

I'm surprised by the 'haters' that have come out on this thread. I wonder if their cars are as nice?  :|

That's a bit harsh :-)

The problem with 17's on a MK1 is that it will make the car drive poorly - it will be very twitchy and pull with every white line and rut that the great British roads throw at it !!
To go with 17's requires a very low profile, really needs to be 35 series to get the correct rolling radius, that leaves you with very little movement in the sidewalls and puts a lot of extra stress on the ball joints, wheel bearings and steering.

My car, and my wifes car are awful  :lol:

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
I thought your comments were helpful, it was the 'not welcome' and punto/corsa comments that weren't necessary.

There are quite a few SA members on here running 17"s, it's the done thing over there and I wouldn't dream of slating their pride and joy just because it goes against the grain!

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.