Skip navigation

mk1 golf tfsi turbo the beast for 2011 and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the top

mk1 golf tfsi turbo the beast for 2011 and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!

I have got the s3 2.0 tfsi going in as well :)  Having TSR fit it and will hopefully be ready for about August as the car is in the body shop at the mo'.
  What bhp are you looking to get out of your conversions ?

Adam.

Back to the top
watching this like a hawk!

Back to the top
around 270 - 290. bhp around 305 ft torque...that all i need in a car that weighs the same weight like a bag of sugar

Back to the top
Baggie82.....tsr will do a good job I like their orange mk2 they did nice car....spoke to them prior to buying parts....very cool guys

Back to the top
here are some pictures i have of the build….when i sort out the rest i will put them in sequence.

dashboard ( south african citi golf dash all working )

engine on stand

engine with pistons in

pistons and rods ( integrated engineering ) I strongly recommend these guys…talk to cassidy great guys

thatrs it for now guys…

Back to the top
butleraw - sorry i did not see the question you can use the 20v turbo conversion mounts. I am going that way

Back to the top
last pic

Back to the top
Did you have much trouble getting the dash in ? Ive got the 6n2 dash going into mine just to liven it up a little.
 I'm going to run mine standard for a few months until I can get a bit more cash together. TSR have told me that 360 is achievable fairly easily but would like to try and push for 400 so need to see what cost is involved with it.
  Will hopefully have some pics back from the body shop in a couple of weeks so will put them up on my build.

Back to the top
Baggie82…The dash was easy to get in its the same size as a mk1 golf original dash…my mate is a auto electrician so he helped me…as for 360…I dunno about that….everyone claims they can get you power…I do know you need the apr uprated fuel  pump for the head and thats 750 quid for that kind of power…my engine is built for 500hp thats as much the standard pistons can take ( weak points rods )…but i will only go as far as 300/350 max because its a mk1 golf it weighs around 900kg its front wheel drive…no point putting all that power in a car like ours….with no control that power is useless…for figures cool…but i have driven a mk1 golf at 270 and that was wicked fun…and crazy fast….but the s3 engine can take a beating….if you want power beyond that of a ko4 can handle it all have to be custom stuff….the tfsi turbo manifold is 700 - 1000 quid and a gt28 - gt30 turbo price varies also.

s3 engine tuning software
http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/main/en/files/24_2006-2010_audi_s3_265ps_20tfsi_265hp.html ( baggie82)

golf gti ( bwa engine code stage 2+ )
http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/main/en/files/166_2006-2008_volkswagen_golf_gti_20tfsi_200hp.html ( twain16v )

have a look and I hope I helped you with your ques…

Back to the top
I didn't see what model MK1 you are doing the conversion on but with over 200hp you will need at least 175/70 13 boots on her and will still get wheel spin on the odd occasion :D

Back to the top
my 1983  gti hatch back…..the last thing i wanna get is a diff and stage 3 vr6 clutch….but wheel spin is cool just have to be gentle with my right foot

Back to the top
Where did you find the dash mate? Any tips on finiding one?

Joe

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI
2015 Mk7 Golf R 2.0 TSI 4motion DSG
2011 Caddy Maxi Kombi 1.6 TDi
1982 Mk1 Golf GTi 3 Door 1.8t - Build Thread

Back to the top
i bought the dash of a guy who imported it...i have enquired and its around 700 quid all the custom taxes so its a bit pricey

Back to the top
quick update my race rod bearings have arrived, have some hol from work so bottom end will get built up. also arp crank bolt and special FSI 2.0T Timing Belt Gear Dowel Pin Kit for my crank.

Back to the top
Hi,

How is this build coming along?

Butleraw '83 Schwarz Black GTI

Back to the top
just an update, the build was on hold due to the arrival of my daughter, very happy, but now i am back on it, just waiting for a slot in the body shop so i can repair some parts on my mk1, i also bought myself a sixs peed gearbox to do the conversion....had to do alot of reading to figure out the right box...but everything is there its now just to get the engine bay painted and start to fit everything i have bought...i will be doing a write up and pictures soon.

Back to the top
Sounds exciting mate. Looking forward to more updates.

Back to the top
smudger, i cant wait either its been too long and all my travelling back and forth to the usa buying and collecting parts its needed now, i need to drive her its been a while....from 8v, 16v ( 9a ), 16v abf megasquirt now tfsi 16v turbo.....how is your car read your thread love it hope its not giving you more headache

Back to the top
Currently working on the rear end (ooo err missus) refitting the tank and uprated rear beam and Bosch 044 fuel pump with new lines etc etc. Then it's a few odds and sods and the loom and then it can be started.

Yours is going to absolutely fly when its finished mate. Hope it gets completed soon.

Back to the top
i am on one.....i am defo finishing it, thats good i need to do my rear beam also...and tidy her up and do some little bits put the engine in and wire her up and hope she starts...hahahaha...i have the ecu mapped already by unitronic chipped so its literally plug and play...run the engine in the run riot on the drag strip
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.