Skip navigation

1976 Vespa Rally 200 Restoration - Complete

Back to the top

1976 Vespa Rally 200 Restoration - Complete

andy-b said

Looks like you will have her finished before my baby is. If you need anyone to run her in give me a call. :lol:  :lol:   :lol:

ha ha, I'm gonna come and see you to show her off, gonna be a while yet thou.  still need loads of parts (to do it right)

Back to the top

blackcherry said

scooter boy oi lol,looks great, i had one of theses given to me years ago wish i still had it.theres a place in newport taffspeed they do parts for vespas etc dont know if any good to you mate.there number is07794 003276
oi oi! I'm really happy with how its comming along. gonna have to sorn it as mot has run out and tax run out this month..  

Waiting for a rally 200 seat to come into stock in germany :banghead:  plus some other bit for the forks.,  yeah I know of taffspeed. and there is one on ebay -welshscooterparts

Back to the top

dazarooney said

Great work, I'm really looking forward to seeing it when it's finished.

cheers dazarooney, I'm impressed your first post on a mk1 forum is about my scoot!

nice one mate..

Back to the top
Alright fella,  
Your Rally is coming on a treat - good work!
I like old Vespas & Lambrettas, currently got a new style Vespa myself, but have all sorts in the past.
This is my PX200 & my Cabbie:

Black Cabbie

Back to the top

Man-Alive said

Alright fella,  
Your Rally is coming on a treat - good work!
I like old Vespas & Lambrettas, currently got a new style Vespa myself, but have all sorts in the past.

excellent a cabbie and a vespa :clap:

Now in lacquer..  I am sooo pleased with the results, gonna be scared to ride it  :shock:

Back to the top
OOOOOHH! very shiny scoot this is gona be Tony 8)  8) your unc looks like he knows the spray gun well. :wink:

Back to the top
Just got back from a week in tenerife and have been to check out the progress on my rally

Looking good now, and it really does look a whole lot better in the flesh.  Cant wait to get it back on the road

just a few more parts are required that are holding it up going back together

Back to the top
Wow bet ya cant wait  now!  8) dont supose it will be at uphased meet this time then? :mrgreen:

Back to the top

andybury said

Wow bet ya cant wait  now!  8) dont supose it will be at uphased meet this time then? :mrgreen:

no it wont be, its insured from the 24th, with a view to get it mot'd and taxed for the start of july

Back to the top
Tony is she looking smart or what,your going to have one hell of a nice scooter  :scooter:

Back to the top

andy-b said

Tony is she looking smart or what,your going to have one hell of a nice scooter  :scooter:

:mrgreen:

just waiting for engine mounts, seat and the engine rebuild

Back to the top
Got my casing back to clean after the engine mounts had been put in.

Used Frosts Ali Clean, followed by a high temp clear coat

[/

Back to the top
a couple more pics, nearly there now  8)

Back to the top
thats coming along really nice, its funny cos i was brought up around scooters all my life, dont currently own 1, but have in the past. saying that my old man has a silver special lambretta( 225cc fully tuned) thats only done 40 mile since it was built a couple of years back. shame he hardly uses his.
hope your gonna use this beauty :D

Back to the top

Mischief said

thats coming along really nice, its funny cos i was brought up around scooters all my life, dont currently own 1, but have in the past. saying that my old man has a silver special lambretta( 225cc fully tuned) thats only done 40 mile since it was built a couple of years back. shame he hardly uses his.
hope your gonna use this beauty :D
I grew with scooters too. just had to have one when i grew up :lol:

you wanna tell your old man you'll take care of his lammy :lol:

and don't worry it will be used daily

….a bit closer to the end now..  

wiring loom to wire up
exhaust
headset
seat

also want a Stainless rear engine mount bolt

Just a bit dissapointed I have been sent an exhaust with a dodgy bracket that has to go back

Back to the top
its one of the best rallys ive ever seen, and ive seen a few, (shameful plug) check out mike phoenix scooters denton. fantastic place. and im working on the old to let me lend his silver lammy, but hes stubborn. got pics tho to show at cumbria vag.

colin

Back to the top

Back to the top
cheers mischief..  had a look on their website..

small update

toolbox on, petrol tank in situ..

waiting for seat  :cry:

Back to the top
I bet ya just cant stop grinin every time ya stand back and admire it now Tony :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  8)

Back to the top
on my hols in looe, just bin mailed some pics so couldnt resist an update

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
chuffed to bits with it.

Just need my seat (bin on order 4 weeks now  :cry: ) and I will be at the boatyard on it to show off
 :mrgreen:
There are too many online users to list.