Skip navigation

1.3gt Bike Carb Conversion...NOW A VR6 CONVERSION!

Back to the top

1.3gt Bike Carb Conversion...NOW A VR6 CONVERSION!

I've just fitted one of these Sytec filters to my Golf Rallye after the old pump and filter set-up broke.
Its a little slimmer than a standard inline mann filter.

http://www.fuelpumpsonline.co.uk/fuel-filter--clips-inout-8mm-ssfc5160c-1079-p.asp

Its quite a good site for fuel related things and a bit cheaper than demon tweeks etc

Back to the top
Man, I love the VR6 engine SO much 8) I miss that noise! Look forward to seeing it complete :D

Back to the top

Phataz1 said

Man, I love the VR6 engine SO much 8) I miss that noise! Look forward to seeing it complete :D

Ya,realy pushing to have it done in 3 weeks time but with working full time to I dont know!

Back to the top

MR_LONG said

I've just fitted one of these Sytec filters to my Golf Rallye after the old pump and filter set-up broke.
Its a little slimmer than a standard inline mann filter.

http://www.fuelpumpsonline.co.uk/fuel-filter--clips-inout-8mm-ssfc5160c-1079-p.asp

Its quite a good site for fuel related things and a bit cheaper than demon tweeks etc

Nice site…some nice fueling bits on there! Ordered one!  :)

Back to the top
So all the electrics working now, lights, horn etc.

Was hoping to get her driving this week but the need for a custom passenger side driveshaft has postponed that now! So a 6 week wait it is for the custom one!  :banghead:

Even removed the circlip/spacer to shorten it that little bit extra but still it was a liitle bit to long! (See pics below)

Took that off….

But still left me a tad to long…

Shaft measuring at 432mm…but I need shorter!

Got some 288mm VR calipers and gave them a paint…

Before:

After:

Brake pipes, hoses and 288mm discs arrived this week! :D

And some crystal smoked indicators…

So got some work to do this weekend!  :)

Back to the top
So I got around to doing a mk2 wiper motor upgrade and here are the details!  :grin:

The MK1 and MK2 "plugs" both have numbers stamped on them so its as simple as mathing the mk1 wires up to the mk2 ones using the stamped numbers on the plugs….

The trick comes with the mounting of the mk2 wiper motor as it sits a bit differently to the mk1. People do it differently but i did it this way…
Firs I cut off the original bracket that was attached to the mk1 motor….

Ignore the whole in the bracket as i took the pic after i drilled the whole…

Then drilled a hole in the bracket….

This is then a nice match to screw in to the existing hole on the mk2, so you could even use the existing screw.  :smile:

And sits nicely bolted in…

Also made a little bracket to mount my Hydraulic cluth fluid reservoir….

Going to locate the battery in the boot so got a BMW E36 M3 positive battery cable as they are the perfect lenght for this and a negative cable from a ford transit with a mega fuse.

Fed it through the firewall on the passenger side…

The grommet is a nice match for the M3 cable to…

And there she lies to the back, perfect lenght….

Back to the top
Due to sudden personal circumstances this might now be up for sale soon…  :(  :(  :(  Will post it in the for sale section soon…
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.