Skip navigation

1.3gt Bike Carb Conversion...NOW A VR6 CONVERSION!

Back to the top

1.3gt Bike Carb Conversion...NOW A VR6 CONVERSION!

Nice progress there :)

I saw a crinkly peanut tomorrow

Back to the top

MissMk1 said

Nice progress there :)

Thanks!  :D

Back to the top
I even said it twice…. Doh!! lol

Whats next on the list to do?

I saw a crinkly peanut tomorrow

Back to the top
maybe is it indeed a good idea to make sure the welding is ok. haha.

great project!

Back to the top

MissMk1 said

I even said it twice…. Doh!! lol

Whats next on the list to do?

Still got a few bits to do…prob try and sort out the feuling next, fuel pump etc. then the wiring…great fun that will be!  :banghead:  :D

Back to the top

Lorenz said

maybe is it indeed a good idea to make sure the welding is ok. haha.

great project!

HAHA, im a novice at welding mate so lets hope it holds!  :D  :D

Back to the top
Well after a few months of not touching her I think its about time to pull my finger out and get going with this project again! Just finding the time to do it difficult and even contemplated paying to have it done…and might still do if there is anyone out there that wont charge me the earth (any suggestions? :) )

Either way i want her done, definately not getting rid of her as all im seeing is that end result! :D  :D

Back to the top
Big 6 conversion always a mamouth project mate that's the reason most opt for the MK3 2 litre 16valve..

If you can afford him, Jodie at Midlands VW is the man for the job but you'll need a sense of humour and deep pockets.!

Godd luck to ya mate  :clap:

Back to the top

Waterworx said

Big 6 conversion always a mamouth project mate that's the reason most opt for the MK3 2 litre 16valve..

If you can afford him, Jodie at Midlands VW is the man for the job but you'll need a sense of humour and deep pockets.!

Godd luck to ya mate  :clap:

Ya thanks mate,always knew it would be a mamouth task but im determined to do it! :lol: Thanks for that contact mate,ill get in touch with him and find out what the damage will be!  :roll:

Back to the top
Grate build dude u going to turbo her or not was going to vr6 t my cabby but just a little to dear :-( shame as love the sound of the vr when I was looking around there is a company in USA that do the full vr6 conversion costs 1500 pound but u get every thing u need apart from the engine.
Ps love the wheels keep up the grate work

Back to the top

Vdubchris said

Grate build dude u going to turbo her or not was going to vr6 t my cabby but just a little to dear :-( shame as love the sound of the vr when I was looking around there is a company in USA that do the full vr6 conversion costs 1500 pound but u get every thing u need apart from the engine.
Ps love the wheels keep up the grate work

Thanks mate! I would love to turbo her but that is yet to be decided!  :? What is the name of this company mate?

Back to the top
Ok the best way is go on you tube type in
Eurowise mk1 vr6 rabbit conversion kit
It's the green cabby worth a watch sounds the nuts and u get to see where the parts are made and a sneak peek of what u get in the box Let me know what u think

Back to the top

Vdubchris said

Ok the best way is go on you tube type in
Eurowise mk1 vr6 rabbit conversion kit
It's the green cabby worth a watch sounds the nuts and u get to see where the parts are made and a sneak peek of what u get in the box Let me know what u think

Watched this and was gutted Id already cut my mounting points off!!  :banghead:  :(

Back to the top
Just been looking up that Eurowise kit.  Looks fantastic!  I've always fancied a VR'd mk1, but didn't really want to hack apart the engine bay to get it in.  This looks to be a proper installation kit.  It's really increased my enthusiasm to get my project done.

Butleraw '83 Schwarz Black GTI

Back to the top
Right so I got the engine out again yesterday, need to tidy up the welds and somehow get the engine sitting a little higher as its a little to close to the ground! :banghead:
Wish I had known about these eurowise kits before I hacked everything off!! O well!

Back to the top
So things have changed slightly and I bought a 1983 GTI Campaign last week that had a VR6 motor already fitted so I will be finishing her off to full glory. So my other VR6 project will go up for sale soon as I want to focus all my energy on this!

When I fetched her last week…

Fitted rear coilovers yesterday and gave the calipers a paint….

Before:

After:

And a little video of her first start up…enjoy!  :D  :D

Back to the top
So got the fuel pump an dlines all in this weekend and she is now starting all by herself!  :D Had to locate the fuel pump where the MK1 accumulator normally sits as the brackets/holes of the mk1 fuel pump location wasnt usable anymore, suppose thats what you get form a 29 year old car.
Locating it here hasnt caused any problem, works very well!

Also got the front lights working, just left high beam needs sorting and indicators….

Fuel pump in……

Fitted a in-line fuel filter….

Front lights working  :D

And here she starts up all by herself, just idles a bit high…..

Back to the top
:D good stuff mate.. keep it comming

Back to the top
You'll need to change the in-line filter  because those clear plastic filters arent designed to run in high pressure systems (it could pop).

Other than that great work :)

Back to the top

MR_LONG said

You'll need to change the in-line filter  because those clear plastic filters arent designed to run in high pressure systems (it could pop).

Other than that great work :)

Thanks for the advice Mr Long,what would you suggest?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.