Skip navigation

83 mk1 gti resto (PORSCHE PEST) sadly everything for sale

Back to the top

83 mk1 gti resto (PORSCHE PEST) sadly everything for sale

last weekend before finishing the final paint job to the floor pan i had a 8 inch section of sill that was a bit rusty and damaged buy someone jacking up on it so i cut a section out of my donar car and welded it in to keep the sill liping neat and straight.

Back to the top
After the 8 inch section of sill lip was welded into place it was time to start painting the floor pan

firstly was a couple of coats of primer

then the (gravitex) stone chip which gives the floor pan a nice smooth egg shell affect not like the ruff texture of the old under seal

After the stone chip had hardend i gave it four coats of cream plasti coat

Back to the top
Both my ARB,s  came back from the powder coaters just in time and i picked up a set of Bonwrath poly bushes to keep it all nice and tight :)  

Back to the top
A sad day at work, i had to say good bye to my old lhasa golf (you served me well) :cry:  

Back to the top
Gutted :(

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
ha ha

Back to the top
don't panic Simon it wasn't your Lhasa golf mate lol

Back to the top
ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I LAST POSTED  SO HERES A QUICK UP DATE
FIRST ALL THE INNER ARCHES BACK TO BARE METAL

THEN A COUPLE OF COATS OF PRIMER

Back to the top
A FEW BITS BACK FROM THE POWDER COATERS

NEW BRAKE SHOES AND WHEEL CYLINDERS

BAKE PLATES FITTED WITH NEW HAND BRAKE CABLES AND BRAKE PIPES FRONT TO REAR ALSO THE INNER ARCHES PAINTED TO MATCH THE FLOOR PAN ALSO FITTED FK COILOVERS ALL ROUND AND FINALLY FITTED MY STAINLESS FUEL FILLER NECK

Back to the top
NEXT ITS TIME TO DROP THE ENGINE AND BOX

POOR OLD LUMP LOOKS A BIT MESSY SO ON WITH THE STRIP

WHILE THE BLOCK IS ALL STRIPED I GAVE A CLEAN AND A COAT OF MATT PAINT

Back to the top
with the engine out and cylinder head off it was the ideal time to port and polish it.

with the with combustion chamber polished and the inlet and exhaust chambers ported and polished i gave the valves a good clean up and reface.

a quick pic of the head skimmed and the valves back in

Back to the top
Nice work fella.

Keeping it original black or going for the cream colour used underneath?

92 caddy, Now stripped for full rebuild
83 golf gti R1 carbed 16v(soon to have 1.8T)
07 Leon FR TDI daily

Cambridgeshire regional host

Back to the top
some nice work gone into that mate,i love the underneath,very clean  8)

Back to the top

caddyrage said

Nice work fella.

Keeping it original black or going for the cream colour used underneath?
cheers for the comment ,keeping the top half black but ive seen a couple of series 1 s  in cream and i love them

Back to the top

"sphmk1" said

some nice work gone into that mate,i love the underneath,very clean  8)[/quote)
nice one all that work and the only time it will be seen is buy the mot, er LOL

Back to the top
the head rebuilt with new valve oil seals and a kent GS2 cam

i know its a bit random but i found this almost mint auxilary air valve in with some of my bits ,never seen one this clean and still works  :D

while the box was out it was treated to a good clean new bush and rod kit and some rubbers

Back to the top
i managed to find time and get the engine back together bar the sump which i shall leave off until the refit and its easier for me to keep it on the trolley as the car has to be pushed out of the garage every morning before work starts , my boss lets me store and work on it in my work bay of an evening

ok so now the engine and wiring loom is out its time to clean up the engine bay ,the previous owner had welded a new battery tray in which don't look to great and has left the paint a bit messy along the n/s inner wing so although i want the car mostly standard looking apart from the interior /wheels and stance im thinking of putting the battery in the boot to help declutter the bay any thoughts would be appreciated

Back to the top

Back to the top

AT LAST THAT DODGY OLD BATTERY TRAY CUT OUT

JUST A FEW SQUIRTS OF ETCH PRIMMER BEFORE MY NEXT HIT ON RUBBING DOWN THE REST OF THE ENGINE BAY.FOR ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE UNDER GONE THIS JOB MY HAT GOES OFF TO YOU ALL (WHAT A GUTTY JOB)

Back to the top
U gonna weld some plates onto
The chassis legs mate or leave it?

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.