Skip navigation

83 mk1 gti resto (PORSCHE PEST) sadly everything for sale

Back to the top

83 mk1 gti resto (PORSCHE PEST) sadly everything for sale

Back to the top

Back to the top
while the car was on the ramp for the weekend i decided to freshen up the axle and fuel neck

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
once the the primer has hardened over this next week i will stone chip and then spray the floor pan,although the cars being sprayed black im doing the belly in cream ,not to everybody's taste but but being a bit different is sometimes wot its all about  :wink:

Back to the top

when removing the fuel tank the main fuel and supply pipes split (theres a surprise) so im going to have some custom braided ones made up and ive got new H/brake cables and flexi hoses to keep it all fresh looking ,so i suppose this means making up a set of brake pipes as well.AAARGHH owe well i started it now so theres no going back

Back to the top
My good friend Simon's brought back my fan cowling from the powder coaters this weekend as well ,with the motor sprayed up and the flaps all cleaned it don't look far off new  :D

Back to the top

Back to the top
Nice work mate ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
cheers i appreciate the comment, the only thing is all the man hours and money im spending on the underside and no one will see it  :banghead:

Back to the top

vwvalver said

cheers i appreciate the comment, the only thing is all the man hours and money im spending on the underside and no one will see it  :banghead:
i'll see it mate :wink:  :wink:

Back to the top
All the time its sitting like a tractor on stilts you will but not after ive droped it on a set of coilovers mate  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

vwvalver said

Yep, but you'll know it's all sorted ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
looking good al

Back to the top
looking good al

Back to the top
looking good Al
but will they make the summer shows??? :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Back to the top
if the hydrolics on that ramp give out mate the only way we will get to shows is on a bus  :lol:

Back to the top

vwvalver said

if the hydrolics on that ramp give out mate the only way we will get to shows is on a bus  :lol:
i'll be alright mate, i still have the mk2, you'll have to ride shotgun..

Back to the top
:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.