Skip navigation

MK1 Steel Chromed Bumpers

Back to the top

MK1 Steel Chromed Bumpers

Hi all,

OK so firstly I must apologies for not updating this.  Progress has been slow BUT I am close to doing the first test fit.

On CAD the bumpers look great!  We have modifed the design slightly and I really think it will complement the shape of the car.  Subtle change mind!

I will take some photos soon and upload them.  As soon as I am happy with the fitting I will do the pricing and some fitting instructions.

Take care all

Back to the top
Any picy and prices on this mate and would you be able to sell brackets seperately?

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top
I will do soon.  My guys made a set today but I have yet to see it.

I have brought the brackets and will be making them and selling them as part of the kit.  It is joke how much they cost from (well known sources).  On top of that, if the items go out of stock it can take upwards of 6 weeks to get them back.

The kit will include -

2 x Bumpers  (Powder Coated Black 'or' Chromed)  Although I can supply bare metal at request
4 x Bumper Brackets (Powder Coated Black)
1 x Reg Plate Brackets (Stainless Steel)
1 x Bag of Fixings
1 x Fitting Instructions (Complete with Graphics)

I have a few things to iron out first but when I get round to it I will post up some pricing.

Also, I will post up some info about the processes I am using to make and coat the parts.  Its important that they are solid and road worthy.  My car lasted 29 years and so will your bumpers!

Any questions?

Back to the top
Can you do just bumpers? What kind of guarantee do you offer, and price is needed asap!

Back to the top
If I had a quid for everytime somebody asked me about the price, I would be able to jack in my job.

It takes time to develope any product and this isn't something that I am working on everyday.

With regards to guarantee, this will be tricky as I am not a company.  I am using my workplace to design, manufacture the test the bumpers.  We have been established for 25 years and based in the Midlands.  We employ circa 250 people and operate from an award winning, 25 acre manufacturing facility.

When I am ready to launch this product, I will also list each part individually on ebay.  That way, if you need just a couple of brackets then I can supply you.

I'll have a think about guarantee.  I know it is important and there are a few possibilities I need to mull over.

Back to the top
deffo interested. let us know also.

8v Rule

Back to the top

CAD Photo Update

Just an update in the way of a screen shot from the CAD software.

More news soon.

Back to the top

Back to the top
sounds like a good package, did you manage to get the slight curve put in the front bumper so it matches the curve of the bonnet

1989 helio\'s blue clipper

Back to the top
Hi, just to open this up again quick has there been any progression with these bumpers since your last post in August?  Would love to get a set!

Back to the top
I SECOND ABOVE DIFFENTLY INTERESTED IN A PAIR WHATS THE LATEST

Back to the top
hi mate just wondered if you had any idea on cost ? lol JOKING :-)

definately be interested in this also

Cheers

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Hi I noticed which i think is the same dude advertising these on another site.. http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241142&highlight=chrome+bumper
But i think there still in testing.. :dontknow:

Can't wait to hear an update, might nearlly have me golf done in time, lol :D

Back to the top
Me too if it happens! Shout OEM whats happening??!?!

Back to the top

bumpers

Hello, I would be intereseted in your bumpers, any news on how they are coming along?
Just a suggestion, but could they be made using stainless steel? Wouldn't this be a much better material as it would last forever!
Darren. :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.