Skip navigation

started the list for the mot!

Back to the top

started the list for the mot!

im going to view a mini mayfair tomorrow thats just round the corner from me,it looks just like this but a bit better  :wink:

its a 1000cc with a stage 1 manifold and straight through exhaust, revoloution alloys, spax suspension,corbeau bucket seats with harness's carbon fibre dash,union jack on the roof in silver on black roof plus loads of chrome n stuff,really solid mini just going to give it a final check over before any cash is exchanged  8)

Back to the top
Nice one, I love minis - owned quite a few but not had one since I bought the Golf - sold one to get it!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
....get some pics up when you get it ;)

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
hi mate will do,ive owned 3 myself,there a great car, the missis isnt too keen but she soon came round to the idea when we talked about how much it would be worth with a little work  :lol:

Back to the top
They're not as cheap as they used to be!

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
too right! bought my first 1 for £200 and it was in fantastic condition  :lol: long time ago though, a rotter is £4-500 now!!

Back to the top
cool , look forward to the pics , ive had a few go karts (minis) myself in the past they are great fun to drive , infact i was searching on e bay for  one the other week , defo would love another one 8) .

www.archwayvaleting.co.uk

Back to the top
well ive got her on my drive now, just gotta start work on her now  :mrgreen:
heres a couple of pics:

any comments welcome  :wink:

Back to the top
She's an absolute beaut!!  I'd love a mini…if I didn't have long motorway journeys to make ;) what are the plans?

Back to the top
cheers mate,yeah i love my minis too there such fun! 8)  not gonna do a great deal apart from tart up a few bits like the bumpers which are a bit pitted change the door handles to chrome wing mirrors etc etc,but the one thing i do want to sort is the wheels as they dont look to clever painted in black with a brush  :roll: thanks for the comment matey  :wink:

Back to the top
I do love an old mini!

A mate from college had a cooper he took us out in once at lunch was so much fun even as a passenger was amazed by the speed and go karted-ness!

Back to the top

Back to the top

geejah said

I was going to suggest these
http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…ms&file=viewtopic&t=95344
But they're now sold!  But if you can find them they'd look mint on it :)
now thats a nice set of rims  8)  might have to keep my eye out for a set of them cheers mate  :wink:

Back to the top

drakey91 said

I do love an old mini!

A mate from college had a cooper he took us out in once at lunch was so much fun even as a passenger was amazed by the speed and go karted-ness!
there just pure fun to drive,even doing 30 mph feels like your doing 50 60 mph  :lol:

Back to the top
Nice one chap, liking it! Get some minilites on it!! :)

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Nice one chap, liking it! Get some minilites on it!! :)
hi mate yeah the wheels are a thing id like to fix as there a bit dull and very badly painted  :roll:

Back to the top
think ive made a mistake buying this,im kinda wishing id bought a golf cabs to drive through the summer instead  :?
think i might get it moted and sell it on? i do really like it but i keep looking at my mk1's next to it on the drive and thinking id rather be driving one of them  :redfaced:

Back to the top

sphmk1 said

now thats a nice set of rims  8)  might have to keep my eye out for a set of them cheers mate  :wink:
Give you an idea, here's one i built for my ex 13x6

Back to the top

sphmk1 said

think ive made a mistake buying this,im kinda wishing id bought a golf cabs to drive through the summer instead  :?
think i might get it moted and sell it on? i do really like it but i keep looking at my mk1's next to it on the drive and thinking id rather be driving one of them  :redfaced:

Get it fixed up and MOT'd and then see how you feel. Even if you do sell it you'll at least make a profit if you've got a ticket on it. If you need any bits for it let me know - I've got a shed full from my mini days.

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top

GavB95 said

sphmk1 said

Get it fixed up and MOT'd and then see how you feel. Even if you do sell it you'll at least make a profit if you've got a ticket on it. If you need any bits for it let me know - I've got a shed full from my mini days.
cheers mate,well ive been out and had a good look n poke around to see what it will need for the mot,quite pleasently surprised actually,so far for the mot all ive found is:
the handbrake lever will need a small patch around it as its slightly come away from the floor,may need a new handbrake cable?
passenger rear radius has a very slight bit of play in it so im gonna grease it first
engine steady needs tacking back onto the bulk head
need to swap a headlamp as ive got 2 rh headlamps,but got the other lamp with the car
need to attach a fog light to the rear
and last of all a slave cylinder as the one on the car is knackered
so really pleased  :mrgreen:
(not counting any chickens yet though  :lol: )
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.