Skip navigation

Got called a " loser " earlier because of my mk1

Back to the top

Got called a " loser " earlier because of my mk1

Negative comments from school kids! I'm shocked, i've never had a negative comment and only positive ones from kids.

T

Back to the top
My missus told me she was bringing the shopping in a few months back and a couple of lads about 17 years old said "Your bloke has got a wicked mk1"… she told me when she got in and it made my day…. that's even from a mk1 that's got no bumpers, is held together by rust and is slightly raised at the back  :mrgreen: … I think kids of driving age/near driving age know what they are and can appreciate them… sometimes more than people our age…. kids research what they can afford and naturally its old… they then learn what a mk1 is from shows and the net.  When your our age and up people tend to afford newer cars so don't get the mk1…. big up for the kids understanding  :wink:

Back to the top
I pulled up at a garage in mine to fill up in November and there were two Ferrari F50's and a Porshe 959 on the forecourt. The three owners came out of the shop together, stopped and started admiring my Golf and said how they loved it. I offered to swap it for one of the F50's but they declined the offer. :dontknow:  It made my day!  :mrgreen:

All three went screaming off up the road  :twisted:   - I think they may have been showing off :roll:  :wink:  but what a gorgeous sound from the F50's.

Back to the top
I get loads of tailgaters, usually white vans( i drive a white caddy van daily) They get stupidly close..idiots

Get loads of abuse because its "ginger" coloured (mars red) Although the wife obviously got jealous of the attention i pay my car, she just dyed her hair red(ginger)  :D

I love seeing any classic from around 70s & 80s.

Back to the top
This thread angers me. If i get someone saying someting like that after i rebuild mine and am drivng it i think i would hit a pr**k like that.

…But there is nothing wrong with a passat. lol

Mk1 Golf Gti Abf conversion Project
Mk2 Golf Gti 16v
Mini Cooper S R53 (Daily)

Back to the top

Peddersgolf said

Don't let it worry you, give us his reg and we'll arrange a mk1 meet at his gaff :wink:
:lol:
If we all turned up, the sheer amount of Mk1s would get the message across!  8O  How old does a car have to be, still in regular use, before ignorant twits like that Passat guy realise : they're brilliant cars! Fair enough if you don't fancy one or wouldn't be seen dead in one, but why comment negatively….when something's that old and still going strong…have some respect!  :wheelchair:

Back to the top

Some people just dont realise that their few year old car isnt worth as much as some of our MK1 Golfs….

If they stopped for a minute a thought about how much effort,dedication and knowledge went into restoring a car let alone how hard we have to work to make the cash to fund how love for Golfs then they might not be so quick to give insult …At least our cars are bought and paid for…

MK1 GOLF OWNER and PROUD OF IT

85 Karmann GTI Cabby Black Edition

81 GTI Tin Top (1.8t "The Tarmac Muncher" )

Back to the top
I reckon he just had a small dick!

Back to the top

Timmyturtle said

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Thanks guys, also managed to upset a Honda Civic type R owner last night in the rain, traction my friend, its called traction.  ;)

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top
what a funny thread. i get "german crap" from a mazda tech at work but thats work mate banter! never had a bad comment. the usual poeple at petrol staions/ car parks etc druelling over its gorgeousness!! and mines far from perfect!

82 Golf Gti. The snail project (abf turbo one day)

Saab 93 diesel daily

Back to the top
Well since this thread started hes probrobly moved his passat on and bought something else in the latest saloon range maybe a toyota avensis or the latest mondeo thing so dull,dull,dull he wouldnt know  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: a good caracterfull car if it drove over his thick head.

Back to the top
I can't believe that happened!! Did your hand not slip on the petrol pump and accidentally drown his car in flammable liquid??? Mine would have!!

Back to the top

andybury said

Well since this thread started hes probrobly moved his passat on and bought something else in the latest saloon range maybe a toyota avensis or the latest mondeo thing so dull,dull,dull he wouldnt know  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: a good caracterfull car if it drove over his thick head.

Thing is, the (yawn) Passat probably wasn't even his….the dull car will have been lent to him by his equally as dull faceless corporation he works for…he's probably forgotten how to think for himself and choose a car with character and charm!

Back to the top

Gold-mk1 said

Thanks guys, also managed to upset a Honda Civic type R owner last night in the rain, traction my friend, its called traction.  ;)
where abouts do you get that from ive been looking for ages lol

Timmyturtle said

whats wrong with having a small dick  :redfaced:

Back to the top

calico said

whats wrong with having a small dick  :redfaced:

Never ever admit to this! I dont :redfaced:

Back to the top

Timmyturtle said

with Ford tattooed on the side of it! (In very teeny tiny letters :) )

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
I think its fun when people are so upset that an old car gets the upperhand, people have to try and insult the driver.
Last time my 40 year old mini over took a woman thinking her new focus was superior, she decided to try and keep up she followed me for 8 miles, (i took her the long way :wink: ) she said "if i'm going to out manover somebody, do it in a better car than a crappy old mini" i just smiled and asked her in a sarcastic tone "is a ford was good enough?" she stormed off then, diddums :lol:
Take it as a compliment Mr Gold, you've got the better car and the attention they're craving :)

Back to the top
I mentioned this thread to my hubby today and he said it's happened to him in our Clipper.
A guy from his work stopped him as he was climbing into it and said "Thought you'd drive something better than that, mate - thought you liked your cars?!"

Sheeeesh!

Back to the top
I've also had a few negative comments on my cabby too (I guess they didn't get the significance of a mark 1 golf)their comments mean nothing to me at all,mostly it's all good whenever it's out which makes me love the car even more,roll on the good weather as my renaultsport megane bores me to tears,sure it's quick but zero character,
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.