Skip navigation

Got called a " loser " earlier because of my mk1

Back to the top

Got called a " loser " earlier because of my mk1

Most perculiar…

Driving home, after a normal appalling day at work today.

Pulled up to get some fuel, chap in a nearly new Passat chirps up

" Wow, that really is the sign of a loser that thing "

Obviously I replied with a wry grin and went about my business, but SERIOUSLY !!?!?

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top
did you get his reg???? :twisted:  :2guns:

Banner

Back to the top
i would of seen my anus

Back to the top
yeah mate i got called a viking the other day because my car is too old haha

i didnt know what to say so i replied with " yeah but it gets more attention than yours, and is worth more, and is faster"

…….then there was silence  :)

more doors for more..... well whores

Back to the top
should have replied if i want to hear the sound of an arsehole i'll fart

Back to the top
Hahha….

I tend to get cross very quickly if I start commenting, so I've learnt to laugh and walk away……although the arsehole one would have been perfect. :-D

Back to the top

fenjamin said

yeah mate i got called a viking the other day because my car is too old haha

i didnt know what to say so i replied with " yeah but it gets more attention than yours, and is worth more, and is faster"

…….then there was silence  :)

a viking ?? Its not even a Swedish car !?!?!?  :D

Back to the top
That's unreal - what an ass!!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
its all attention, he was just jealous and who can blame him?

Ignore it,  because we all know better don't we lads?

Back to the top
Funny world, I went for a drive today and when I went to pull up outside the shops to buy a losing Lottery Ticket five youths stepped up to the curb to stop me parking. I just slowed and pulled right up to their shins forcing them to step back.

When I got out there was a chorus of "nice car car mister" from the lot of them. Still standing gawping when I got back. Mate, he was just jealous that he's past it and forgotten what driving is all about. Oh and past it has nothing to do with age!

T

Back to the top
I think that "end of bell" would sum that particular gentleman up! mind you a passat is such a winners car i suppose he would be allowed to comment :roll:  (sorry if anyone got one :redfaced: )

Back to the top
I would have told him to Frig Off :evil:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
There is always the odd idiot who will give sly little comments on our mk1s. You just gotta remember that for every 1 person that tries to insult you through your choice of car, there are probably 10 people that appreciate and enjoy the sight of an old golf. They just probably don't say it! For many people it's easier to put you down than it is to compliment you.

The days when I'm not either getting tailgated all day by people wanting to show up my old golf or shouting "Oi mate! Your car's crap!" from the curb, I can't drive 100 yards down the street without 3 different compliments from bus drivers, pedestrians ect.

Some days no one notices it, some days everyone notices it :) You just gotta remember that there are people that 'know', and will always appreciate a legendary car no matter the condition or situation, and ignore the small minded people that can't see past their 3 year new car warranty :lol:

Back to the top
Was he being serious?  What a pleb if he was.

If someone said that to me (I've had it from family) I say it's an icon unlike your generic piece of crap that you see every day.. is it still on finance… how much does a new PC for the whole engine etc cost when it goes wrong?…. I was going to get one of those but decided I wanted something with Character… can't beleive you actually bought it!!!

Back to the top
Ive had a fair bit of abuse over the
Mk1 but who cares its the joys of being different! If its not shiney its seen as a turd lmao more than a few lassies have been like heap o dung. But they dont understand lol

1.3 Driver - 1.8t in progress
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=56551

Daily driver : e36 325 tdi se / slammed on konis and bbs rco401's
Daily offroader : discovery 1 6" lift monster :D

Back to the top
I'm surprised you were mocked by a fellow VW driver.If it hadn't been for the Mk1 Golf pulling VW out of financial death then he wouldn't be driving round in his shiny new Passat !

DubPartz

Back to the top
lol what a numpty , ive had this once too though , sum snotty little kid in a corsa , i just laughed at him and said i bet ur car wont still be on the road when its as old as mine ,  thats one stupid comment ive had to 100s of compliments so whos the fool lol.

www.archwayvaleting.co.uk

Back to the top

Tian said

five youths stepped up to the curb to stop me parking. …………………..When I got out ……
T

Were they scared?  :lol:

I'd have loved to see their faces when you got out!!

I've never had negative comments like that. I've had people at petrol stations offer to buy my car, and a note left saying if I was thinking of selling please call this number.

The only negative comments I've had is from a couple of people at work. One in particular who has asked me on several occasions 'when are you going to get a proper car?' This is from someone who got excited about getting a gunmetal grey toyota and stuck a furry bagpuss steering wheel cover on and a bagpuss toy to the back window…..I didn't let it worry me!

Back to the top
Least the golf generates a opinion, good or bad and cant have one without the other.

Most cars on the road are so bland, or one of the pack, they slip by unnoticed, from a 6k ka to a 40k merc  :roll:
new models 1 or 6 months of being noticed till the novelty wares off.

must admit my oldest lad hates the golf and has said a lot worse.  :evil:

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top
i would of said 'rather a loser than a nobhead!' :)

'83 1.5 LHD Golf LX
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.