Skip navigation

HELP...... rear suspension bolts

Back to the top

HELP...... rear suspension bolts

hi guys checked at work the we only do m12x1.5x80m and they are in mild steel sorry guys  :(

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2748/dadssig.gif

Back to the top

ShaunyC said

I'v ended up tracking some M12 150mm bolts from a tractor place near by, only thing is you can't seem to get bolts off the shelf with a 10.2 tensile rating.. 8.8 is the best i'v found..

Exactly, thats all the normal stockists supply, but cap heads come higher tensile

Back to the top
See previous post - you can buy M12 1.5mm thread high tensile bolts.

Back to the top
yes they are available, but not from your average local stockist.

Back to the top
i searched online and couldn't find anything that high.  but I certainly din't want 50 of them,    :lol:    these things i'v got are for tactors.! they must do the job..!! :dontknow:

Back to the top
just went on vw heritage, tried doing a search with the part no supplied, nothing.

Back to the top
There's plenty of fasteners suppliers who don't have internet websites, and/or don't list their entire range (after all, there would be thousands of items!) on their website. I firmly believe its possible to buy these elsewhere from VW, and at a much more realistic price, but it would take a bit of legwork and/or phoning around and involve a local supplier, so be different for people in different locations etc.

Back to the top
Im waiting for an engineering company to come into my work. Will let ya know if they have any.
Does anyone have a lower strut brace fitted? How long are the bolts?

82 Golf Gti. The snail project (abf turbo one day)

Saab 93 diesel daily

Back to the top

possle said

Jonnny do you know wether there to long for front lower arms when fitting a strut brace?
i cant really tell you, you need to remove one of your bolts, measure it then measure the thickness of the strut brace, then add that to the bolt length :)

abfmk1 said

just went on vw heritage, tried doing a search with the part no supplied, nothing.

try again, i just found it ;)

put it in like this: N  0401573 (2 spaces after the n)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Huh, i only put one space, so that explains it

Back to the top
yeah etka has the same pain in the arse way of having to put part numbers in. cant have any gaps, unless its an 'n' number then you need 2. except when some part numbers have colour code where sometimes you need a space, and other times you dont! bloody silly :lol:

and decent programmer would have made it striup out all the spaces so no matter what way you type it in it works, but nvm

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.