Skip navigation

My GTI Cabby Rebuild ENGINE AND PAINT NOW DONE NEW PICS :D

Back to the top

My GTI Cabby Rebuild ENGINE AND PAINT NOW DONE NEW PICS :D

yeah, theres lots and lots of work involved in the stripping and prep work :/ i think ive learned a lot from doing this engine and gearbox for the next one i do :) everything on the car is pretty much done now, all i need to do is put the engine back in. I have some photos of the car resprayed i just havent had the time to upload them yet! which wheels do you mean? its got G60 Steels on at the moment but it did have some BBs on? im not sure what model as theyre on my polo at the moment?? thanks for the comments it means a lot :)

Back to the top

"quade07" said

yeah, theres lots and lots of work involved in the stripping and prep work :/ i think ive learned a lot from doing this engine and gearbox for the next one i do :) everything on the car is pretty much done now, all i need to do is put the engine back in. I have some photos of the car resprayed i just havent had the time to upload them yet! which wheels do you mean? its got G60 Steels on at the moment but it did have some BBs on? im not sure what model as theyre on my polo at the moment?? thanks for the comments it means a lot :)

Yeah, I was on about the BBS. Do you know what there called? It seems that they are a bit of a rare beast!

Banner

Back to the top
they are definitly 15", but not sure on exact type, i think they could be BBS RJ

Back to the top

brad_mole said

they are definitly 15", but not sure on exact type, i think they could be BBS RJ
Is there any way of finding out? Ive been trying for about 6 months and no one seems to be able to give a 100% answer.

Banner

Back to the top
i will ask him to check the part number next time hes got a wheel off so we can see

Back to the top

brad_mole said

i will ask him to check the part number next time hes got a wheel off so we can see
Thanks pal. It appears to be quite a rare wheel!

Banner

Back to the top
il have a look next time im in the polo brad, ive only ever seen one set refurbished with a polished lip and red centres, they looked pretty sweet!

Back to the top
Hi all,

An update since last. a few pics of before, during and after the spray job and repair work.

and last but not least my lovely gearbox :D im happy with the finish for heat proof rattle cans and halfrauds gloss black :)

Back to the top
Wow really good work dude, really nice.

Did you do the spraying yourself or did you get a pro in?

That hole next to the bonnet latch, how did you fix that? I've got a similar rust problem and was thinking I'd have to weld a replacement panel in, is that what you did or did you just fill it with something?
Did you use the same techniqe for the hole beneath the front side window?

Keep up the good work dude, can't wait to see the next pictures!

Back to the top
Hi bud, thanks for the comments.

The car was sprayed at a place called MP Auto Spray in Hebburn up in Newcastle Upon Tyne, the hole next to the bonnet catch was ground down as much as possible and then a small plate was welded underneath to give a good base and then filled the top half with spot welds, ground them down and filled the rest and smoothed it off! it looks brand new ! deffo easier than replacing the hole front panel :D

the hole under the windscreen was filled and fibreglassed for maximum strengthm i understand you can get a replacement panel for this but with it not being too bad i thought a quick fix would do just as good a job and its come out a treat!

Thanks again for the comments bud, il keep it updated as much as possible :)

Back to the top

UPDATES

Hi All, just a quick updte of how the cars looking now. Hope you like.

ENGINE DONE

GEARBOX AND ENGINE TOGETHER

ENGINE IN

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.