Skip navigation

How did you hear about this site?

Back to the top

How did you hear about this site?

Just interested in how people found this site and joined up really.... stick a vote in.

Back to the top
A past member suggested I advertise my VW show on here (Stansted) about 4 years ago. Did that, liked it and stuck around  8)

Back to the top
My car had an owners club sticker in the rear window…rude not to join up really n let her carry on being a member of a great club!  Many thanks to all for all the help the past few months :D

Back to the top
Back in 2004 when Drew was organising the 21st Anniversary I saw an advert in The Golf magazine. I went to the event at Gaydon, scopped best cabriolet (the most meaningful award the car's won to date) and joined in October 2004 (member 20!).

Dan

Back to the top
As I mentioned in another thread…….. just did a google search for Cabriolet parts for a MK1 Golf…… the rest is history…..
Cheers

Dib…..

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.

Back to the top
So at the min it's looking like google or other search engines were our main source of members… I wonder how the other options place… interesting reading this…

Back to the top
I found the original 'Campaign Register' which Drew had started when I was looking  on the internet to buy one. In those days you could go on holiday for a week, get back and only have a few dozen posts to catch up on in the forum!

As things developed I ended up at the 2004 Gaydon meet which Dano mentions above.

Drew called the meeting where it was agreed we'd all set up the MK1 Golf Owners Club and the rest is history!

Still proud member number 4 :)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Still proud member number 4 :)

Ooooo, check you!!! 8O  Never had you as a number snob!!!!  :lol:

I wonder how many out of say the first 50 still have a Golf AND are still active on here? Can't be many can there……. you've only just redeemed yourself this week to scrape into that catagory!!!!  :wink:

Back to the top
Not many I'd say too - just had a look at an old member list, there's not forum names next to all of the first 50 but there's not many about here still

And yes, only just redeemed myself ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
I just did a google searching for a Diesel.

Wonder what member no. I am

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
google as i needed to find info on the mk1 i had just found and found this site  :wink:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Google as I asked if any1 could trailer one back for me and then Paul_c came to the rescue :)

Back to the top
Found out i am member 1093

This shows how quick this site grew  :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Search engine brought me this way when i was no doubt asking a stupidly simple question about my mk1 and nothings changed...

Back to the top
google for me 8)

Back to the top
it's been a while but if I remember correctly I was looking for information on caddy's on yahoo, landed here  :D  then went and got myself a mk1 gtd (original TD) and then … and then …  :lol:
haven't really done an intro, so that's coming

14D & 17CY

Back to the top
Google.joined the day I got my mk1, didn't have any interest in forums before then.
Baz

Back to the top
Any more?  It's worth knowing how the club is being noticed….

Back to the top
A post that was put up on Club GTI

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

A post that was put up on Club GTI

Is it common for other sites to recommend us?  I've heard it a few times "they sent me here from …. "

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.