Skip navigation

Essex Folk - Meet before Christmas - Sun 19 Dec **CANCELLED*

Back to the top

Essex Folk - Meet before Christmas - Sun 19 Dec **CANCELLED*

Just trying to gauge who'd be up for another meet before Christmas?

Same place as last time, the Toby Carvery at Stanway nr Colchester

Toby Colchester

Back to the top
Yeah would be good to catch up before Christmas Debs !!!

G60

Back to the top
Hi Debs, apologies for not responding to your Nov meet message, been in France for last couple of weeks. I am not going to be free over the 2 weekends before Christmas so will have to miss out on any pre Christmas meeting. Let me know when the first meet of 2011 is planned.

In the meantime all best wishes to you and the regional team members for Christmas and the New Year! Cannot wait to see the end of winter so I can enjoy getting my Mk1's on the road again.

Cheers

Bruce

Back to the top
Hi Bruce! Shame you can't make it, but I'll def keep you posted for the New Year!
Hope you and yours have a fab Christmas and New Year.

andy77 said

Yeah would be good to catch up before Christmas Debs !!!

We'll set a date Andy and then see how many others can make it I think.

Any you can't make?
Sat or Sunday?

Back to the top
maybe just maybe i might be able to make this one
cars now dyno'd , just need to play around with this damn pedalbox and get mot'd

Back to the top
Sounds like a plan!

Banner

Back to the top
Right, been looking at dates

I reckon Sunday 19th Dec 2pm

How does that sound?  8)

Back to the top
I will attend if i can as its only half hour away from me although i wont be in a mk1 as its off the road atm

\'83 Lhasa Green GX 1457cc

\'53 Mk4 Golf R32, Deep Pearl Blue

\'00 Kawasaki Ninja J1 ZX6R

\'92 B3 Passat Estate 1.6td (Now breaking) 😭

Back to the top
Going to go with the 19th  8)

Back to the top
Only coming if there's plenty of custard :lol:

Banner

Back to the top
All the custard you can manage ….

Marvellous!  :lol:

Back to the top
Kool, I've put a note on the shelf 8O

Banner

Back to the top
Yay  8)

Back to the top
See you there !!!!

G60

Back to the top
i errr kinda drove me car into a ditch on the 1st of december, so still waiting to hear back from the insurance wether or not me car will be a write off or not :(

on the up side i wasnt driving the golf so thats all safe and sound, very sound inrfact as it had some resto work done on it a short while ago :) all underneeth stuffs to keep it solid for another 27 years !

'83 mk1 Golf GTI Lhasa Green
1.8T 20v conversion –> http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=332518#332518

Back to the top
Ohhh I've been in a ditch, its not nice is it  :lol:

Glad you're ok, and glad it wasn't the golf too!

Back to the top
yeah indeed it is :( i can honestly say one of the worst days ive had in years lol, shame aswell cos it was the punto i had since new :( doh!

ah well live and learn dont we :P

'83 mk1 Golf GTI Lhasa Green
1.8T 20v conversion –> http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=332518#332518

Back to the top
We sure do, I learnt not to drive a sierra estate round a right hand bend on a wet road as though I was driving the Golf!!  :redfaced:  :lol:

Back to the top
Is this still going ahead ?

Back to the top
Well an hour or so ago I would have said definitely yes, but now I think we'll have to see!

Started snowing again here and within ten minutes road conditions went from clear to a crawl and poor visibility! I was only about ten mins from Toby when it started so it'll be bad there too. No sign of it letting up for a while either, looking at the sky.   :(
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.