Skip navigation

mk1 1.3gt conversion - Help

Back to the top

mk1 1.3gt conversion - Help

yep, through the bulk head, to the back of the fuse box, yes you need to keep the old wire connected aswell, not sure if this is the best way of doing it, maybe you could wire straight into the ignition switch?

Back to the top
ill have a look if that would be easier but if not itll be through the bulkhead, are there any ofthe golf wires thtneed cutting out altogether?
one lastquestion do you use just the inline fuel pump or have a lift pump aswell?

Back to the top
no I didn't remove any of the mk1 golf wires, i guess you could if you had the time. Yep, lift pump is needed as well as the inline pump, the red/yellow wire goes to both pumps, and the wires that were on the mk1 golf fuel gauge sender unit in the top of the tank will need transferring onto the new lift pump

Back to the top
ok cheers, dont suppose you know the numbers for the fuel pump relay and the relay next to it do you. the shopping list never ends with this engine conversion!

Back to the top
blr9h3 i need some help! came to try start the engine today, as soon as i turned the ignition on the pump didnt run, managed to get round that by bridging the relay. but then no spark at all. its as if the ecu is telling the engine not to run for some reason? any ideas?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.