Skip navigation

Paolo from Italy

Back to the top

Paolo from Italy

Hi all!
I'm Paolo from Italy and this is one of my VW Golf Mk1 GTI :)

I took 3 years for rebuild it completely and now i'm just looking for an engine swap. I've got an ABF engine ready. I'm planning to mount it with k-jet injection. Just looking at the wiring by now :)

Back to the top
That is stunning!!!!  You have a great car there mate.

Are there many mk1's over there in Italy?

Back to the top
Nice car - we had a guy drive to our Annual meet from Italy last year!!

Back to the top
Nice car mate

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Very nice looking mk1 :)

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
thx guys!

In italy there are few mk1 GTI. Most of them were wrecked or used for change car (gain state bonuses).
Now it's very difficult to find one. The prices are crazy…from 5 to 12k euro.

I follow many discussion on Uk's Forums about mk1 and you've got a lot of mk1 in any condition. it's incredible how you get and  restore them. :)

Who was the guy that went to your meeting?

Back to the top
Nice Looking car you got there... Is that the Sportline interior inside her???

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Yes it is. Full interior. I've adapted the backseat to fit in the hatchback.

Back to the top

James

Back to the top
MK1's might not be big but i have heard the Fiats 1100-103 are big

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200540976093&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

See above link

Cheers

Max

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

Back to the top

taxxolo said

They are not very cheap are they. What with the indicators on the front of the wings  :?

James

Back to the top

Nice car man

Hi there fella nice work with the car just few questions can you show how you used the electric windows because i love that interior i am on the look out for one myself but as you know very rear and expensive.
Also what modifications have you done because from you photo it looks quick

Back to the top
I don't like the big orange square indicators on the wings…. your car though…. I like alot  :mrgreen: .  One of the guys that goes to our meet in Milton Keynes has one in a similar colour… love it!!

Back to the top

Re: Nice car man

lowdrop said

Hi there fella nice work with the car just few questions can you show how you used the electric windows because i love that interior i am on the look out for one myself but as you know very rear and expensive.
Also what modifications have you done because from you photo it looks quick

Thanks!

I've put an original electric windows mechanism kit from a Golf Mk2 GTI. the electric engine is fixed on a plate soldered on the interior of the door. You can try to find the mechanism from a Cabrio Restyling. It's more simple and it's all plug&play.

For the other modifications i've opened my "Project page"  :mrgreen:

Spudfingers said

I don't like the big orange square indicators on the wings…. your car though…. I like alot  :mrgreen: .  One of the guys that goes to our meet in Milton Keynes has one in a similar colour… love it!!

I don't like them too…  :mrgreen:
In italy they are obligatory for law. But many people changed them with Golf Mk2 side indicators as i've done.

Have you got a foto of the golf similar of mine?

Back to the top

Thanks man

Thanks man i must say the mods for the windows is bang on im going to do it with the cabrio parts to save the welding thanks again.
Just one more thing have you a photo of where you put the switches for the windows?

Back to the top
Yes sure. I don't smoke so…i replaced the cigarette box with a new plate for the electric switchs.  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Looking on forums i've found this Mk1 like mine 2 years ago.

Is it from a user of this forum??

Back to the top

Thanks man

Thanks man looks bang on do they work just like a mk2's do because ive have heard that electric windows are a bit slow on mk1's.

Back to the top
I have Electric Windows on my car and they are very slow

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.