Skip navigation

Black L Reg Sportline Cab project

Back to the top

Black L Reg Sportline Cab project

Back to the top
Oh and one pic I couldnt resist...A fully restored Beetle :-)

Back to the top

Back to the top
Fantastic mate - they're clearlydoing a top job on your Golf - will be watching this one. Like the Beetle too - just a shame they've put the wrong bumpers on it !!!

Back to the top
Cheers stix123, I am very chuffed, cant wait to rebuild her and the spring cant come soon enough :-)...and chatting to the guys today...if it was their beetle they would change the bumpers and the wheels!!! But its what the customer supplied!

Back to the top
:clap: Excellent Job ! I am so jealous.. wish
i had the money to do mine..  but at the moment I am considering cancelling my tax and insurance to save a few quid until spring

Back to the top
Yes mate, I cancelled my tax until spring......but think probably best to have insurance........even though it does seem like a waste of money sometimes when the car is just sitting! Oh, by the way, just received a few more pics from the painter...will post them now :-)

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Very nice...

Back to the top
Looking very good - nice shine on the door...

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Cheers Hugh, been to see her again today, the paint finish is pretty damn good…which is a relief, although I am more of the glass is half empty variety so when the paint doesnt all peal off after six months, then I'll be happy :-)I am counting down the days until she can be listed on your site…………great new section with the whole L Reg dates, hopefully will garner some interest and we can find out a little more about the final cars. Cheers.Daniel

Back to the top
Paint job looking superb  :mrgreen:

Bet you cant wait until the spring comes and get all the heads turning when your out  :D

It always amazes me even though I have only had the sportline a few months, how many people look at the car when its out and about !!

I had 2 get the rear bumper painted after a lady nicely crashed into me after I had it a few weeks ( bloody 1st crash in 22 yrs of driving in 35 cars and it had to be in my baby ), but when I got it back it makes me think how good it would look resprayed  :|
The original paint is in good nick though with no rust just usual stone chips of a 20 yr old car :|  but when I see your pics it makes me think hmmmm  :?

Looking forward to your updates.

Chris

Back to the top
Cheers Chris.....yeah my paintwork was ok, but had been resprayed in the past with the glass in which is never ideal...plus had some typical rust issues to sort so seemed a good time......and yes, cant WAIT for the spring.........just got to sort new hood,Wheel Refurb and new tyres all round and I will be sorted :-)

Back to the top
My wheels have just been done and get them back poss tomorrow but def before Friday, cant wait to get them back on.

I got price for mohair roof from car hoods Northern for £500 incl them coming upto Scotland which I thought was fair price ?

Same thing as the paint thing, my original vinyl roof is still in great nick so dont really need to but might want to  :D

Chris

Back to the top
Right guys, havent really up-dated this as much as I would have liked, what with xmas and al the chaos that goes with, but will post some more recent photos below. She is back from the paintshop, and now I am in the process of rebuilding her, sourcing the final bits and bobs I need etc. Last weekend we got the boot mech all refitted, rear lights, front grille, front lights, front spoiler, rear side glass, stripped the rocker cover off to be sand blasted and powder coated along witha  few other pieces.This weekend, installing new speaker wire and the ENTIRE interior, including my new MINT german spec sportline steering wheel and brand new original gear knob from VW.Oh what fun…what did I ever do with my time before I started this project :-) Anyway, photos are a bit naff as the car was still inside, but will get some much better pics this weekend…..enjoy :-)

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Side strips after being rubbed down and resprayed.....have you noticed that when you have a new paintjob, all the other bits that you thought looked great before suddenly look like they all came out of a skip!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.