Skip navigation

Black L Reg Sportline Cab project

Back to the top

Black L Reg Sportline Cab project

You know, the under dash card "thing" you had up on ebay that I put in a best offer on that sold on BUY IT NOW…………

Back to the top
Under dash cover....thats what it was :-)

Back to the top
Hi mate,

Could you tell me where you got your new gearknob as I could do with one for my sportline ??

Some work your doing, the end result will be great, looking forward to seeing the final pics.  :mrgreen:

Cheers Chris

Back to the top
Hi Chris, you can still order them from your local vw dealership :-)

Back to the top
Thought so, I have the part number from someone elses project thread and tried crazyquiff but to no avail.

Will contact VW next week about one.

Can you get new gearstick gaiter from them as well or will I just get the original one re-leathered ??

Cheers Chris

Back to the top
I dont know mate, I am popping in to vw next week to collect my knob……. :-)   so will ask them, but if you find out first, please let us know.

Back to the top
No bother,will ask them this week.

Back to the top
LOL oh yea.

Im 99% sure i have another. ill let you know.

As for the gear knob. 2 weeks ago there was 2 in the uk.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Ok Cheers funkstar!

Back to the top
Hi Guys

Just ordered a gearknob this morning and the Vw parts man told me there is now 4 left, so be quick if you need one.

The gearstick gaiter is obsolete from Vw but the parts man told me to look online at a company in Germany - vwclassicparts.

Chris

Back to the top
I shall be keeping an eye on this ;)

J

Back to the top
Got my new original gear knob today...well chuffed, think they are running out now, so yeah, if you need one, be very quick!!!!!

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Well thats Gertie off for her welding/respray/mechanical upgrades etc……..costing quite a few bob, so dont think Santa will be coming for my kids this crimbo…….only joking folks, I'm not THAT evil :-)

Back to the top
hope your gonna go and see her while she is having the TLC and take some pics

Back to the top
Yes mate I will be popping over to collect items that I am having removed so I can sandblast and powder coat, but the owner of the garage is going to email loads of pics all the way through the job so I can post them :-)

Back to the top

Back to the top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.