Skip navigation

Black L Reg Sportline Cab project

Back to the top

Black L Reg Sportline Cab project

Ready for the respray,,,

Back to the top
Shes looked better……..

Back to the top
And thats about all for now, will up-date on a regular basis….she goes in on the 27th November for a complete respray and welding job, in the meantime I'm sourcing new suspension, having all the bits and bobs powder coated, just bought a German issue Sportline steering wheel in mint condition and a brandnew original sportline Gearknob,along with new wishbones, top mounts etc etc.Cant wait to see her finished, but sadly a long way off at the moment!!

Back to the top
Oh and thanks for comments so far, any suggestions for work I should do etc most appreciated...pretty new to all this restoration lark!

Back to the top
LOL good work, will be worth it when its done!!

Im pretty sure your due a trip over lol

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Final photo, this was the last one I took when she was pretty much ready for the winter, about two days before I decided to store and gut her and move the project forward by several months……

Back to the top
Cheers Funkstar :-), will pop over around 11am next Tuesday if that is ok?

Back to the top

myfirstcarwasagolf said

myfirstcarwasagolf said

One of Gerties Donor Sportlines being scrapped by funkstar……sad thing is its probably in better nick than mine :-)

:lol:  :lol:  bet I've had some bits off that one

When I first went down the page I thought this was yours

Back to the top
Ha Ha....its not far off :-( Yes I believe you did have quite a few parts off this one mate.

Back to the top
Oh yeah, and the nec would have been great, the stand looks wicked....but alas I have quite a lot to do on Gertie this weekend.....but once she is finished I will be more than up for meets and shows etc...cant wait :-)

Back to the top
Tony you have the column off that one.

Back to the top
Which member had loads of parts off it then????

Back to the top
that column is now with Jetta awaiting conversion to power steering.  just need some cash :wink:

Back to the top
looks amazing, i also thought that was yours completely stripped as well !

funk star is a top man, think most of the guys have had bits and bobs of him at some point :-)

cant wait to see this one all finished

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Funk star is quite simply a LEGEND!

Back to the top
LOL daniel your to kind

Bet your X5 is missing its weekly trip to kingswood lol

Back to the top
Oh dont be so modest....LEGEND! And yes, she is missing her trips, already mentioned on here, will you be about on Tuesday about 11am???Will come on my own this time!

Back to the top
Possably in London on Tuesday. Prob better on Wednesday.

Back to the top
Oh well, lost the card thing anyway, so no hurry now I guess, will make it back one day lol

Back to the top
What card thing?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.