Back to the top
what type m8 racer or buggy

Back to the top
Racer for sure Petrol powered :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
whats the budget then, it might be the case off get a rc then the body you wont,

wen u say petrol do you mean nitro ??

Back to the top
Years ago i mean we are talking 90's i did play around with one Petrol engine one.

Dont know if they still do them in petrol or do all come in Nitros.

Budget wise as low as poss  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

A decent one

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
trouble is a lot off people mean nitro but say petrol so i'l take a look at few in a little while

Back to the top
is 175 out of range, the trouble is you go to cheap or should i say a budget make, ur come across problems wen u need parts regardless off what the dealer or seller says, i honestly belive they get there parts from breaking another set up, so parts are limted, and the most comon parts needed are suspension parts as these take the impact 9/10 etc, and there not about to keep breaking sets up

Back to the top
Which one you think is a good one. Decent price.

I will look at a website later on that sells them. There is a shop around home as well that does them.

I will steer clear of Flea Bay if poss

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
to be honest on ebay ur get them a bit cheaper if looking for new, but they got a tourer for 175 by koysho fazer they are good but not new any more and parts will dry up in the next few years, but like the alpha pureten they done which stopped years back, you can still get the parts from ebay and odd model shops online

if you got a model shop close by take a look and report back what they got, if its a unkown make but they all say they can get parts ask them to get a price on wishbone or engine mount etc, i have had them say before they would take it off another set and replace it with the part they get sent which makes me doubt them

wheelspin models was a good site a year or so ago perhaps check them out

Back to the top

allana13 said

Racer for sure Petrol powered :mrgreen:

You & petrol, didn't think you like petrol  :mrgreen:

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
Thats right Prefer Diesels any day :mrgreen:

Dont think they make Diesel Powered RC's :banghead:  :banghead:

Wouldn't get speed any ways even if they did. :roll:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

Back to the top
sorry should off added when i saw this kit on ebay which was my refence point in finding you a decent one at decent money.

if someone like wheelspin still sell this new, and not some gadge on ebay selling new old stock then its worth a purchase even more, it would cost a few quid if you wont to make it the nuts,

but as a playground racer fine straight out the box

personal i would go with a staduim truck as its best off both worlds down the line as ur wont to start taking ur car off roading

Back to the top
For all you RC people http://www.moto-arena.co.uk/

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
i loved my rc cars. many years ago had a sand scorcher when they first came out, had about 40 different ones after that, raced 1/12 stocks, 1/10 buggys (won north wales championship one year) then discovered real cars. would love to have another to play with got fed up of petrol ones (never ran right) but really like the look of the drift cars

Back to the top

since_1983 said

Thats a Bad ass car,

Get the all clear from the Mrs and off i go  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

racer said

i loved my rc cars. many years ago had a sand scorcher when they first came out, had about 40 different ones after that, raced 1/12 stocks, 1/10 buggys (won north wales championship one year) then discovered real cars. would love to have another to play with got fed up of petrol ones (never ran right) but really like the look of the drift cars

my drift car was a pureten alpha gp wen it started out in life, i went for speed to start with fitted a 9turn double motor corally i think with a huge uprated one way esc, and alloyed up front end with uprated shocks back and front, ball racered everywhere possible and finaly drifting started up at my local club, so i went out brought uprated servers with spring load and locked the diffs and brought abs wheels, mounted the batterys different to stock layout and cut happy with a craft knife lighted the whole thing,

i got huge stick from club members about it being to good at drifting and quite often had to prove i did not have a digital drift gadet in it as it was perfect holding a drift and flicking from one side to the other, sold it a few years back wish i had kept it now

and allana13 check ebay 1st as i did see it slightly cheaper that fazer

Back to the top
o that moto arena is ment to quite good, but if i was to get back into proberly again i'd look for a local league or club as your meet the same people and chance to inprove, instead of struggling against the likes that go to those big event places where is all about who's got the most powerfull set, after you got a good set up and the abilty to fight for the lead lap after lap take it to the next level and 9/10 time a decent club will go there for a race meet

Back to the top
i bought the bmw m3 gtr(ts4n)it was a weekly mag
and you built the car yourself ended up costing
near enough £700.but now its money well spent
i even bought another one off ebay for my son
which was only fair as the first one was for him
till i took it for a test drive.seen a mk1 body for it
on ebay.soon as my golf is finished i will paint the
rc body up as a replica or is that just sad as the wife says :mrgreen:

Back to the top
nah not sad, passion lol, i typicaly used car shells that i like but did not like at the same time, becuase you do get larry and u will clip a kurb or fence or spin out under a car and crunch the shell up,

i had a supra shell that was well fancy looked good, but i don't really like the supra much so to muck that shell up i was not really bothered,

but as sound as it sound a astra touring car shell i had, i could off cried when my friends son decided it was funny to scrape it along a the kurb
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.