Skip navigation

Anyone into RC cars?

Back to the top

Anyone into RC cars?

birkin said

since_1983 said

on tarmac my jato would be faster lol, trouble is where mines light and 1/10 the wheels just have no traction on grass,

my m8's hyper 7 can't think who make them on top off my head, its 1/8 alot heavyier and will make traction on grass leaves mine for dust

this is a jato
- YouTube

ingnore the 75 i not watch whole vid i know 73 is just about possible with 30% fuel and not rear spoiler, with the spoiler on it will just about 65 as quoted from box but thats with 15%

personaly i use 20% with a slight tune and new plugs regular,

there pretty low maintaince

how are the 2 stroke buggers to look after then, often thought about upper to 1/8 purely after a few seconds on full plit there so far away barely see a 1/10 lol,

years ago there was a 1/6 club on the seafront, racing stocks i always wonted a bash back then, but it was so boring  compared to the 1/10 touring circuits we had around at the time, now we only got one club this way its a dead hobbie since the play station
dont hot bodies make the hyper 7 :D

hobao i think but not 100%, hot bodies psml do thou know anythink about rc cars bloody belt driven bits of crap a skipp is to good for one off them, i really could moan about them all day, they don't last 5 mins, also the wheels are not true 1/10 so other 1/10 wheels are not interchangerable unless 1/10 truck wheels, i got feeling they went bust or was brought out so the newest stuff might be better

i got a mini rc 2 channel coptor i get out at xmas quite fun around the dinner table lol

Back to the top
u cheat aircooled you got the practice balls lol

Back to the top

since_1983 said

u cheat aircooled you got the practice balls lol

i had to when i first started, they lasted for a couple of months for landing practice, they say its a good idea as it teaches you how the heli moves during take off, trouble with mine is that when it lifts off the ground it doesnt go straight up you have to have the full control to keep it level which is a bit of a pig as you may have seen in other videos on there, 3ch toy helis are easier lol

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
they all difficult fullstop

Back to the top
Just spoke to a guy from bleeding edge racing.  Aparently Silverstone hold regular events each week so I may go up and see the guy as he runs part of that too.  It's called moto arena I think and looks awesome  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Just spoke to a guy from bleeding edge racing.  Aparently Silverstone hold regular events each week so I may go up and see the guy as he runs part of that too.  It's called moto arena I think and looks awesome  :mrgreen:

the outdoor track is quite small, looks like a warm up track lol, but the indoors one is pretty big i think!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top

since_1983 said

they all difficult fullstop

its true, but once your up you want more

chris :twisted:  :twisted:

Chris

Banner

Back to the top

aircooled1968 said

its true, but once your up you want more

chris :twisted:  :twisted:

Ooooo errrrrr  :redfaced:

Back to the top
spud, stop making this dirty lol

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
Bought this and yet to build it…..

Tamiya Sand Scorcher 2010 in Action! - YouTube

I have got about 6 or 7 of them in various stages of refurbishment. They come in the guise of the Sand Scorcher, Rough Rider (aka Buggy Champ) and the Ford Ranger.

These were re issued recently, except for the Ford Ranger, so far.

Great off road fun…

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top

chortle said

Great off road fun…

I'm awaiting the re release of the Ranger.. I've managed to resist buying the Rough Rider and Scorcher.. the Ranger was my first RC car back in 1982!

I race RC cars, 1/12 Oval.. its the only formula that any self respecting Mk1 Golf owner should be interested in as its the only formula where you can race competitively with a mk1 Golf! Kamtec Golf

Its also the cheapest form of RC motorsport (more money to psend on real cars) and very very addictive!

Back to the top

addicted said

chortle said

Great off road fun…

I'm awaiting the re release of the Ranger.. I've managed to resist buying the Rough Rider and Scorcher.. the Ranger was my first RC car back in 1982!

I race RC cars, 1/12 Oval.. its the only formula that any self respecting Mk1 Golf owner should be interested in as its the only formula where you can race competitively with a mk1 Golf! Kamtec Golf

Its also the cheapest form of RC motorsport (more money to psend on real cars) and very very addictive!
Are they deffo releasing the 150 XLT?
Not seen it advertised anywhere at all.
I would deffo purchase 1.
I allways loved the off road approach to be fair.
I really should get on with rebuilding what I have got all ready lol.

Back to the top
When they released the Rough Rider (buggy champ) they said thats all they would release and that the Scorcher wouldn't make a comeback.. then over a year later the scorcher makes an appearance.. they'll do the same with the Ranger XLT in my opinion.. its all good business..

Back to the top
you can get 1/10 mk1 shells m8 ?

Back to the top

since_1983 said

you can get 1/10 mk1 shells m8 ?

Is that a question or a statement?? :)

Back to the top
lol statement

i could not understand why you asked till i read it a few times ingnore question mark was ment to be a !

Back to the top
I got a HPI Vorza back in july, dont know if you guys seen one on The gadget show?

with a few hop ups it holds the world record for the longest rc car jump

will have to get a video uploaded

Back to the top
you know why it got the record thou don't you, which is increddible wen you consider it's 1/8, i belive from memory its got a blur and tork bolted to it which is a very nice combo, and decent layout which makes the centre of gravity better and air time is easy to control, it a fantastic bit off kit straight from the box, but one major problem from what i recall, like most buggys still no bumper up front

otherwise a typical hpi for you, i.e very good

the tamiya's above are very old school rear wheel drive with motor sticking out over the rear axle makes for great traction but poor air ride

Back to the top
the tamiya's above are very old school rear wheel drive with motor sticking out over the rear axle makes for great traction but poor air ride

But they are the Grandfathers of off roading, it was a risk for Mr Tamiya to bring these out.
there had not been anything like this at the time.
I mean we are talking about the 70's plus.
People have taken the basics and improved over time.
The old fashioned ones can be uprated too, better motors, ESC's and new battery technology, springs for the shocks etc etc.
They have bought out a ball diff for these now.
Would we have the stuff we have out now without the early years?

Maybe it's the nostalgia of taking me back to my Childhood that does it. :lol:
It's probably sad, but that was the best Birthday I ever had, when I got my Rough Rider, as a pressie from my Grandad. Top Bloke he was too.   :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  Sadly missed.

Back to the top
o don't get me wrong i'd happily play with one very rear happy, the biggest in provement you can make to one off these is a modern esc instead of the old mechanical one, i'd be shocked if people where still using the old type bats for these

personaly from years off playing with one off these myself good knows the model i had, i would leave the hop ups on the shielf purely becuase these were very good out the box and fun to handle
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.