Skip navigation

1.8 8v gti campaign restoration ~ summer wheels on!

Back to the top

1.8 8v gti campaign restoration ~ summer wheels on!

great project  looks   8)
fair play for doing it yourself,im hoping to be in my golf around april gonna start work on it again next week now xmas is out the way  :roll:

Back to the top
nice car quick question about ur suspesion hows the ride quality nd is it set at its lowest for those coil overs.reason being because i want to get the same set for my car??

mk1 golf diesel american version 1.5l 4speed tranny. shaved doors and custom hood..

Back to the top
Nice work it looks good :)

Back to the top
thanks for the comments :) yes i like to try things myself! winter wheels makes it look less retro, but looking forward to better weather for my other wheels.
the ride quality is pretty good for budget coilovers (£170sh) and how its sat now is not set at their lowest. not sure how much lower they would go though as not tried it, may find out when other wheels go on!

\'Check Your Nuts!\'  My partner has just been through an operation and chemotherapy for Testicular Cancer and is only 29. He had no lump or pain, just became swollen… If in doubt, get to the doctor!

Back to the top
Found some photos of the interior when I first got the car

some rough edges here and there but nothing to complain about!
So here are some pics of Eric in the recent snow. He had been sat for 6days in total….I wasn't taking him out to have someone slide into him! a few people had collisions on the junction of our house!

And here is my christmas present from my lovely other half and his mummy :D

and my new boss kit i purchased…yes there is a picture of the box - i just really like it…lol

Unfortunately work tomorrow but sunday off so will hopefully be putting it in then :D
more pics to come

\'Check Your Nuts!\'  My partner has just been through an operation and chemotherapy for Testicular Cancer and is only 29. He had no lump or pain, just became swollen… If in doubt, get to the doctor!

Back to the top
new wheel in :) original one is no good anyway as leather is coming off in bits :( but hey new wheel!

old wheel - taped together to stop the holes getting bigger lol

new wheel :D

drives better as its so much lighter. carrie :)

Back to the top
when i bought the golf it came with shmidt modern lines. they were in dier state but at the time i was working 11 hours per week so it would have taken forever to save for a refurb. so i decided what have i got to lose? so did them myself…

Ok so here is a pic of what they were like when i got the car;

how he stands now;

i dont want to do much else if that anything at all to the look of it now, so will start to work on a few bits of the engine like fit the new rocker cover gasket as there is a slight leak also waiting for a metering head to arrive and get to work on that. then possibly a cam in the not too near future…

thanks for reading, carrie  8)

Back to the top
Wheels look very nice...
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.