Skip navigation

North east meets ???

Back to the top

North east meets ???

hey in skelton?? i work at tata skinningrove!! and my brother lives in skelton im from new markse originally. ive sorted everything ready for the retest apart from the horn and the exhaust mounts did the cv boots tonight and sorted all the other small bits myself

cheers for offering tho eddie

ps can you guys recommend a really sh*t hot body/spray shop??

1.8 16valve mk1 series 2 black.  barp!

Seat inca 1.9 sd van

Back to the top
tim is your golf gti mars red??
and do you surf??

Seat inca 1.9 sd van

Back to the top

slim_rich said

tim is your golf gti mars red??
and do you surf??

That would be a yes and a semi yes, havnt been stand up surfing long after surfing kayaks for a long time but decided it was time to grow up

Back to the top

slim_rich said

hey in skelton?? i work at tata skinningrove!! and my brother lives in skelton im from new markse originally. ive sorted everything ready for the retest apart from the horn and the exhaust mounts did the cv boots tonight and sorted all the other small bits myself

cheers for offering tho eddie

ps can you guys recommend a really sh*t hot body/spray shop??

Yes, Skelton and I signal trains down to Skinningrove so small world indeed. As for body shops I have used Tim Brown & Sons of Stokesley and Guisborough Body Centre on Morgan Drive (Opposite Sainsburys). Been happy with both but recently spoke with the lads at Dub Werks (Skelton Green) and they get all their work done by a privateer who apparently does a very good job in his garage at home !

DubPartz

Back to the top
Hi fellas

Thinking about this meeting place would Scotch Corner Services be any good or Blyth services both are ok for me to get to from Middlesbrough its just getting closer to the date of the meet and would be good to get something set in stone ??

Let me know what people think and if these locations are not suitable then can someone else pick one ??

Regards

1990 Mk1 Clipper Cabriolet

2005 Megane 1.6 VVT

Back to the top
I always think Scotch Corner is a good meeting point but I can't make the November meet  :(

DubPartz

Back to the top
You working like ??

Think we should meet at scotch corner !

Suits everyone really.

Shame u cant make it mate !

Regards

2005 Megane 1.6 VVT

Back to the top

eddie32 said

You working like ??

Yeah

DubPartz

Back to the top
what about  - "A19 Service Station"  the Diner near hartlepool  :dontknow: ???? just as most people seem to be on the coast as dubz is working!!!

Back to the top
Sounds good to me, its quite nice there as well, plus the food is good !

Spread the word then A19 Services it is the one with the Diner !!

If everyone is happy with this we just need to affix the date now.

I think it should be on the Sunday 7th as apposed to the Sat then maybe more people will come as Not many people work on the sunday we need the other lads just to say yes to the meet place and approve the date then we can sort the easy thing out which is the time !!

Hope eveyone is ok with this will be great to finally put faces to names and all that, and most important get to see each others cars !!

Regards

2005 Megane 1.6 VVT

Back to the top
afraid im also working sunday the 7th so wont be able to make this guys, scotch corner is a reasonable meeting place although still a fair drive for the people from up here

Back to the top
Sorry fellas does not have to be the sunday, can be the sat just thought more people could be working on the Sat than the sun ??

There is still lots of time what about weekend before or weekend after ??

Regards

2005 Megane 1.6 VVT

Back to the top
I will be working the weekend before both days but fone fr the weekend after but it alldepends what others can do, perhaps creat a poll and see what the masses decide on?

Oh and i wish i still had my 15" castletts, just seen you have a 14" set :-)

Rob

Back to the top
I'm happy with either of those locations. About the same distance either way for me.  It's closing in!! :)

Back to the top
Right guys, and gals

Iv set a pole up in the regional forum for the north east meet, its just to decide the meeting place so we can get that set in stone.

Cheers People !!

Regards

2005 Megane 1.6 VVT

Back to the top
any news on this then??

cheers richie

Seat inca 1.9 sd van

Back to the top
Well the only news i have is that 4 people have voted so far, so i take it this means that they will be attending the meet.

Would like to see a few more, but some people are working, thing is its the first one, and ill try to get one going every month so we can get everyone together,

Also would be good to get other meeting places further north for the boys Gateshead, Newcastle and Durham and surrounding areas, i dont mind the drive not bothered.

Come on fellas try your hardest to come its the first meet, for this forum in the north lets show the Southern lot we can get a good turn out LOL

Regards to all  !!

2005 Megane 1.6 VVT

Back to the top
hi mate,

wilksy arranged a meet in may which was the first but as with most meets not that many people turned up.

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=80280

some pics,

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=83921

hopefully there will be more at this meet however i won't wouldn't be able to make it as i got crappy work,would love to meet up with other guys on here to have a natter about the good old mk1's!

hope all goes well for ya meet.

cheers

Andy

Back to the top
Cheers andy mate !! shame you cant make it

Did not know there was a meet before ?, nevermind though ill try and keep them coming, trying for 1 per month.

Think we have 5 definite's but hats ok, i know they get more down south, but i think Milton Keynes area has the most MK1's LOL !!

Hope to see you at a future meet !

2005 Megane 1.6 VVT

Back to the top
right fellas 1 week to go !!

So far we have 4 people coming which is a good start.

Lets spread the word see if we can get a couple more before sunday.

Regards

2005 Megane 1.6 VVT
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.