Skip navigation

North east meets ???

Back to the top

North east meets ???

Yeh im going to contact admin to try and sort this out for us even if we just get a link to the thread for now? I will see what i can get sorted anyway.

My car needs some TLC (have a look in the pics section) but i love it! winter will be delt with by using large amounts of waxoyle to protect my vunerable rust areas

Back to the top
Yeah I need to get on that too especially as I don't have a garage.  Will be buying a car cover soon, but still not the same.  Have you got a link to your pics as I'd love to see it!!

Back to the top
Just found them!  A little stunner n bet it goes like anything!!!  Mines a cabby with a standard engine so not the fastest…unfortunately hardtops in semi-decent condition were out of my price-range :(

Back to the top
Nah i dont have a garage either but thats just how life goes i suppose, i just head to the parents when i need a garage to work in though:-)

Pics of the car can be found here Pics of mk1

Just for everyones info i have emailed a mod to see about getting something in the north east regional section of the site and also as to if we require a regional rep, also asked the question as to if we need site permision to hold a meet representing the site

Rob

Back to the top

geejah said

Just found them!  A little stunner n bet it goes like anything!!!  Mines a cabby with a standard engine so not the fastest…unfortunately hardtops in semi-decent condition were out of my price-range :(

Yeh quick car :-) total bargain aswell

Anyone got any location sugestions?

Back to the top
How much was it if you don't mind my asking?  For the location shall we just see how many get interested, where they are etc a go for the most central place to everyone.  I don't mind travelling a bit of distance so anywhere up here should be fine.

Back to the top
well the guy was asking £2300 if i remember correctly but swaped my lupo for it…price reflects the lack of history i guess but it has very little rust compared to a lot that i have seen.

Yeh prob a good idea to see how many peple get involved then take things from there, we have a date penciled in so the location could be decided much closer to the time.

Im deffo thinking somewhere with good parking, no speed humps and a place to get out of the cold

Rob

Back to the top

Get in !!

This is good lads, very good !!

Love thoose pics of your cars tim !

That corrado is mint !!! and i mean mint !!

Im not trying to get mine in show condition it would be to costly, im just getting her in good condition Have a look at my pics in the projects section, she is pretty much ready now, few seals to replace a new boot lock and an aerial to fit, oh and got some mint CROSS HAIRS from one of the guys on here im fitting them tomorrow and the aerial ill post some pics see what you think.

I fitted a eye brow spoiler last week left it black dont know if it looks right like that or to spray it helios blue like the car,

Got a bonnet bra coming next month just to protect it over the winter was in a bad state before a repaired it.

Oh and got a mont interior coming from a MK1 GTI with the door cards and some new carpet but wont be fitting that till after the winter.

1990 Mk1 Clipper Cabriolet

2005 Megane 1.6 VVT

Back to the top
Yeh man the rado was an amazing car but its gone down south now and the new owner has lifter her up and things :-(

My golf has some rust that i need to sort out once the sun is here again but nothing worse than the corrado was when i picked her up, nothing is beyond repair with time and effort coupled with a little bit of skill.

Meet thread has realy taken off so now waiting for mod to get back to me with regard to getting a link on the northeast region section on the side of the site

rob

Back to the top
Well chaps just a quick update to keep you all informed,

Thanks very much to the website mods we now have a link to our thread for the meet in the regions section so hopefully we can draw a few more people in, We all know there appears to be more mk1s in the south but there must be plenty of owners up north aswell…….

Keep your ideas coming and spread the word across other forums you use

Thanks

Rob

Back to the top
I will spred the word on a few other forums im on that have a couple of mk1 owners from up here.

GTI Campaign owned since 91 + GTI mk6

Back to the top
Nice one Geoff cheers

If everyone spreads the world we might be able to get a good turn out

Back to the top
I'll pop along if shifts allow it and I still have my Mk1 Golf

DubPartz

Back to the top
This is sounding like it might actually happen !!!, get in my first MK1 meet bonus !!

Really looking forward to it

Keep on rolling !!

2005 Megane 1.6 VVT

Back to the top
paul where abouts in middlesborough are u from I'm only down the road in redcar just acquired golf on friday trying to get it thru its re-test

Slim_rich

1.8 16valve mk1 series 2 black.  barp!

Seat inca 1.9 sd van

Back to the top

slim_rich said

paul where abouts in middlesborough are u from I'm only down the road in redcar just acquired golf on friday trying to get it thru its re-test

Slim_rich

Good luck with the MOT then. I'm in Skelton so thats 3 Southern, North Easterners !

DubPartz

Back to the top

Now then boys !!

Im about 10 mile from you in coulby newham just along the A174 mate !!!

How much work need doing to get it through like ??

ill pop down if you want iv only just got mine but 2 heads are better than one iv done allsorts to mine like, body work, service, seal changes, timing belt change all in about 6 weeks but iv got 10 days off on friday so ill pop up and see you no problem.

Regards

2005 Megane 1.6 VVT

Back to the top
Do we have any updates regarding meet location ideas chaps?

The red GTi now has test :-)

Back to the top
Now then tim,

I dont know many places in the middle to be honest i was map searching last night and still could not find somewhere !!

There are lots of wicked places up near me on the North York Moors / Dales really nice for photo's of the meet, but if the weather is no good then we have had it !!

I seem to recall someone mentioning a place with a pub ?? Mmmmmmm Drink and cars dont mix !! one is to many ten is not enough !!

Iv seen some meets on other sites held in multi story car parks and service stations, with it been our first get together it may be better for every one to meet at the Services somewhere then we get the best of both.  A place to meet which is good for all, and if it rains then we can go inside ??

Any way put a link up to some photos of the GTI would like to see them !!

2005 Megane 1.6 VVT

Back to the top
Yeh fair point on the pubs subject, perhaps services would be a better call………

Here is the MK1 thread: Pic whoring on pg3......

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.