Skip navigation

my sportline........replaced

Back to the top

my sportline........replaced

yeah cant wait to get the coilies on

cheers guys

stu :wink:

Back to the top
Love this car, have a sportline myself although it's not quite at the level as yours.

The RA's look totally different in white, really good. What's the specs on the tires?

Back to the top
thanks mate,tyres are 165/50/15 ;)

Back to the top
ok,had some deliveries

firstly these

and 2day,these

cars booked in2 G-Wagenz on friday 2get both fitted,will update with pics after that

stu ;)

Back to the top
Stu

Was going to get the HID's for next winter, once they are fitted post up how good they are please  :D

Look forward to the photos

Chris

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

Stu

Was going to get the HID's for next winter, once they are fitted post up how good they are please  :D

Look forward to the photos

Chris

yeah,they are much needed on the mk1,especially if u use it everyday throughout the winter,especially on country roads in the rain,the oe lights are shit

just a pain they will be an mot failure but im going to get a spare oe set so i can just swap them back pre mot

will get up pics at the wkend mate,cheers

stu ;)

Back to the top
spent the day at gordons G-Wagenz yesterday (again!) lol getting the coilies fitted and the HiDs ,which are brilliant!!!

so again i have to say a huge thanks to Gordon,exellent work mate :thumbs:

anyway, pics ;)  

hope u like

stu

Back to the top
Nice, Smart, and Low.
Wonderful!!!
i love it mate :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
 :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: :clap:  :clap:

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
so jelaous ! i will get a nice red sportline one day lol

top work looks great !

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Those HiDs look the business, what's involved in their fitment ?

Back to the top
S

It looks great, I think it makes the wheels look even better  :D

I took the collies off when I got mine as i couldnt even turn the front wheels but after seeing your pics I might pop them on in the summer up a wee bit so it is driveable ( boring I know but I am 40 ) lol.

I will go to Gordons when the car comes back out in the better weather for some advice.

Did you get the hood fitted or was it on the car already ??

My hood is original but prob going to get a mohair this year and Ramsay Coachtrimmers is good and near, Northern hoods will travel and fit for £500 but if you know anyone else, post back please.

Cheers Chris

Back to the top
Wow! Sportline looking good very well lowered… Very impressed!  :lol:

Stu ok that I nick a couple of pics for the website? Cheers.

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Looking brilliant mate, still loving the white RA's ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
thanks very much for all the friendly comments guys

oh and shughy,help ureself mate;)

stu

Back to the top
oh and my roof had just been fitted when i purchased the car and the lights were an easy fitted although it wasnt me personally who fitted them ;)

Back to the top
Realy like this cabby. Looks realy clean.

Mk1 Golf Gti Abf conversion Project
Mk2 Golf Gti 16v
Mini Cooper S R53 (Daily)

Back to the top
thanks for the comments guys

ok,drove to edinburgh the other day in the cabby,probably the worst driving experience ive ever had!!!

the car bounced about on the slightest uneveness in the road and makes horrendous banging noices when it hits any part of the road that isnt perfectly flush i.e manholes/potholes etc

i know u get what u pay for but i also know that the majority have similar quality coilovers on there cars,idont know how people can put there pride and joys through that and that was on a motorway,i couldnt even imagine driving it on a country road.i spent the whole journey scanning the road for bumps,holes etc….it takes the fun out of driving,thats my car off the road until i get these  coilovers removed,fluff waste off money

that is all

Back to the top
Here here, dont know why people do it………mine had coil overs when I first bought it, couldnt wait to get them off, nearly broke my spine……..seriously!Cars are not designed to withstand every bang and bump…thats why they have suspension to do the job for them, god knows what unseen damage is being done……or maybe I'm just getting way to old for this s@#t!

Back to the top
P.S Lovely car by the way mate :-)

Back to the top
ok,so i think its on the bumpstops,its settled loads

heres pics of it 2nite :scared:

so like i said previous my plan is to raise it and see what the rides like,gonna raise it 40mm and try it at that

so i started 2nite after work

heres how it is at the mo

couldnt go any further as i left the c-spanner at G-Wagenz but im there 2mo with the mk5 so im hoping this will be raised and back on the road asap

thanks again

stu :rthumb:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.