Skip navigation

Does anyone else suffer from this problem?

Back to the top

Does anyone else suffer from this problem?

aircooled1968 said

he got good taste

Yeah man !

- YouTube

DubPartz

Back to the top
my mum use's taxis alot and quite often the drivers ask about it is it for sell my mum hates me little classic so she says yes, gets there number i will always ring for the laugh they ask about it i tell them, then ask how much i'm looking for i qoute stupid everytime open to offers thou close to it lol, i don't know what i would do if one said yeah ok

Back to the top
Just thought id add that i got my old gl that way!
Dropped my mum off at her friends to see a 5dr gl and gti cabby sitting next door. Had been stood (5yrs) but i knocked on the door offered £250 and drove it away a week later. Started on the button. And before you say he didnt care about the old girl the bloke cried his eyes out as i drove it home.
Nothing wrong imo!

82 Golf Gti. The snail project (abf turbo one day)

Saab 93 diesel daily

Back to the top
Thats kinda the point, people who knock on your door generally want it for nothing. Ive yet to hear of someone getting a good price from someone who knocked on the door trying to buy their car :dontknow:

Back to the top

Back to the top
I'm very materialistic and what is mine is mine and won't part with it. I would rather see both my GTis rot into the ground before parting with them now! I can understand other peoples interest in Mk1's but told once "NO" I shouldn't have to tell them again

1980 GTI Black - Mint
1983 GTI Black - Daily Driver

Back to the top
It's great! was out washing the polo today for the big sale and some guy walks past and says is that your golf? is it for sale? never ever happened with the polo. Used to get it quite a bit when the GTI was on the road too… shows how fantastic a car it really is.

Back to the top
I remember knocking on somebodys door asking if the Green Zender kitted GTI that was slowly rotting outside their house was for sale, and they said no. Only to find it in the breakers yard in bits about a month later. I was gutted, felt like going back and asking why? I'd even left my number with them.

Back to the top
I bought my nextdoor neighbours 83 gti off him for a grand as he was skint.

Broke his heart to see me driving it.

Then sold it to someone who asked me at the door for 2 grand.

WIN!!  :lol:

Back to the top
Every car is for sale, it's the price that varies :)

Back to the top
Got to admit i have bought cars from knocking on the door but when i get told no i offer my number for the just incase and leave, The 20mins later seems out of order. knocked on a door bout 18mnths ago and this week i got the call and this is now mine 8)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.