Skip navigation

smokers

Back to the top

smokers

nothing worse than ex smokers rambking away at you telling you to stop smoking. wel i'm not an ex smoker. i'm a 20 a day man.
 i've decided to quit the things, mainly for football. i play vets football and would like to continue to be a 90minute player for as long as a lack of injuries will allow me. anyhow, i bought a book called THE EASY WAY by Allen Carr. just over half way and already my whole attitude to smoking has and is changing. i'm looking forward to quitting, wich if we're honest about it, no smoker actually looks forward to packing the things in. i'll let you know how i get on with it but already it's a book i'd recommend. it insists that you KEEP SMOKING until you have finished the book. how can you lose? try it. either wait for me to finish or go ahead and get it anyway. should i be successful, i'll be offering the book around this site for free, on the condition, it is passed to another on this site for free until it returns to me.

Back to the top
im a ex smoker, 20 aday, didnt want to give up.
3 weeks on patches and voila 7 months smoke free.

I found i needed to replace smoking with something, sex every moring and a lot of tea worked for me. also beer in the evening helps.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

funk-star said

I found i needed to replace smoking with something, sex every moring and a lot of tea worked for me. also beer in the evening helps.
I gave up sex and have a cig every 7 months  :wink:

Back to the top
:lol: i didnt even think about what i was putting down  :redfaced:   :redfaced:

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Wooders I wish you all the best and passing the book on is a great idea and a nice gesture

I'm very lucky i have smoked but never been addicted to it i could smoke all day at work at 16 come home and not have another for the whole weekend as mi dad would have killed me and thats how i have been i can have a ciggi tonight in fact i could with a drink have 10 but never need to have another the day after

best of luck and keep us up to date.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
sorry i found a funny side to it,

you said

" i'll be offering the book around this site for free, on the condition, it is passed to another on this site for free until it returns to me."

so you don't think it will work for long if you need it back lol

joke a side best off luck

i'm abit like a5opy at times i can smoke like a chimney and go what seems like ages depending on what i'm doing

Back to the top
I gave up 7 weeks ago today, was smoking 20-30 full fat marlboros a day.

Still want a blower every day, Its not gettin easier at all, even with patches!!!

Back to the top
raul is it becuase you don't wont to quit,
i did quit for awhile sevreal times but i then return becuase i do enjoy puff

but 7 weeks and no smokes that bloodly good m8 considering you was 20-30

Back to the top

since_1983 said

raul is it becuase you don't wont to quit,
i did quit for awhile sevreal times but i then return becuase i do enjoy puff

but 7 weeks and no smokes that bloodly good m8 considering you was 20-30

Nail on the head mate, I love smoking, simple as!

I'm nearing 30 and have smoked for 15 years, I don't want to be the 50 something with emphysema having my future kids watch their dad die.   :(

It's those morbid thoughts that keep me off the bloody things!!

Back to the top
try the book. you like smoking? really?? next time you take a fag out of the pack, look at it while you smoke it. smell it. put your nose in the smoke and smell it. taste the thing. book takes a completely different angle on things.
 put out my last fag this morning about 11am. feel good about myself and have not had one single pang.

Back to the top
Wooders are you going cold turkey, no patches??

Fair play if you are, i'm like a raging bull if i forget my patch in the morning.

Good luck man and stay strong!!

Back to the top
Cant say i smoked more than 10 a day, but was a smoker for approx 14years til last year…had a minor stroke (no pending health factors btw) so i'd say give that s'hhhhh'it up as soon as you can coz know1s health is immune - a couple of weeks in the stroke ward will set any1 st8 about the implications - I'm only 29 bytheway! Smoking fags a FAIL

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top
no patches or gum or anything. a different attitude and perception of what i'm doing and how i'm going about it. i don't and never have needed to smoke. i don't and never really have wanted to smoke. how can i need willpower to stop doing something i don't want or need? nicotene is the drug that i am addicted to. the cigarette is is the way i get nicotene. what i am doing is abstaining from nicotene.

Back to the top
is it addicting the nicotine to me its doing something with the hand and kills 5 mins bordom smoking i'd call it but like i said i can go ages before needing next one if i'm bizy i forget for hours days even

Back to the top
Wooders, fair play mate  :wink:  I gave up 13 years ago, (40+ per day  :? ) didnt have
patches, just sat it out, and errr wasnt that easy but got there after a few hiccups.
Dont mind the smell, and dont think the need will ever go away, you just control it.

Best of luck mate keep us posted.

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.

Back to the top
i read the book many moons ago.  i understand it. my father read it and when he finished it he put his smoke out and has not had another for nearly 10 years.  he like me was a 20-40 a day man.  i still smoke, i dont think i have made the decision to stop.  all the book does is open your eyes.  its your decision not to put another smoke in your mouth. so don't.  in reality it is that simple.  fair play for stopping.

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD

Back to the top
I was thinking of starting smoking… Would you recomend starting on the gum and working my way up to the patches before easing myself onto Marlborough lights?.. Or just jump straight in at the deep end with some berkley menthol, building up to B&H?.. Also, how long would you recomend smoking before I could be a creddible roll up smoker?.. Any help and advice on this would be greatly appreciated..  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

smoking

I gave up smoking in march this year but only because I found out I was pregnant. I hadn't planned on stopping previous to that so it was a good incentive for me. I went cold turkey and it was hellish for 2-3 weeks. I still think I want to smoke at least once every day but its getting less. Like it was mentioned before, the need to smoke feels like it will never go,  it has to be controlled.
Good luck with it! :D

89 Clipper cabrio
06 GTi

Back to the top

walt said

I was thinking of starting smoking… Would you recomend starting on the gum and working my way up to the patches before easing myself onto Marlborough lights?.. Or just jump straight in at the deep end with some berkley menthol, building up to B&H?.. Also, how long would you recomend smoking before I could be a creddible roll up smoker?.. Any help and advice on this would be greatly appreciated..  :mrgreen:

personaly i think you need to smoke a pipe 1st get yourself some sleepers and and smoking jacket and take it from there

Back to the top
i think a tail pipe is the best place for you to start.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.