Skip navigation

Nottingham Meet (Newark) End of Sept

Back to the top

Nottingham Meet (Newark) End of Sept

Well the summer is drawing (fast) along with the THE LIGHT EVENING…………………..Good old British Weather :-(

Sorry it may seem that there hasnt been many meets within our lovely area its just with all the show and all didnt think many of you would want another one to attend lol So i thought we should leave it a while (hope you didnt mind) :-)  WAIT NO LONGER PEEPS……………………….for here it is the ONE you have all been waiting for!!!!! Yes Wait and see what we have install for you :-))  Been chatting to our good old friend ACKEETREE - Carl who said that him and a few of the old Mk1 scene back in the day lock their cars away for the winter and Carl wants to make this one………….his words "Something Special"  wow mmmm well he has the money lol knowing him this is going to be the one to come and see and HEAR by all accounts, S A T U R D A Y 2 5 T H S E P T 1 3 : 0 0 - 1 6 : 0 0 its going to be out in Newark at his PRIVATE Estate, some of you may recall about us talking about it for next years future meets as there seems to be a LOT of land for our big ideas :-) :-)

Also i have been in touch with Andy Openshaw (Club Chairman) and he is in the mist of sorting out our Regional Banner, he is a very busy guy with work, family and holidays lol  :D  

I dont know about you lot but im looking forward to this one and i know our Andy (aka SMIT) We would love for each and everyone one of you to come along to this MEET and make it the one! Doesnt matter if you dont turn up in your Mk1 Golf as its the passion we share, so for those of you that havent got yours on the raod YET!!! (sturen hahaha) its doesnt matter as at our meets there are ideas and LOTS of free helpers willing to offer their knowledge and time.

We will try doing the Mk1 Golf Drive Thru Challenge (see the link below)

MK1 Golf Drive thru / Drive through challenge - YouTube

Will be great to do this and to be a new region to the Mk1 Golf Owners Club, thought it would be nice to have something for the other regionals to talk about lol So we need at least 14 to turn up and just someone to film it…………………………….i see sturen again  hahaha and im sure little dubber would like this too!

I will be putting details up soon and i will PM everyone on my list from previous forum chats about detail so hopefully many of you will make it.

SEE YOU SOON I HOPE :-)

BIG THANKS TO ACKEETREE- Carl for this one :-)

Back to the top
Ill do my very best to get to this one for ya mate, be nice to meet up again, we had a right laff at agm, give me resonable notice ill try get day off work.

catch ya soon

chris n helen

Chris

Banner

Back to the top

me tooo!!!

If i can sort out my alloys!!!! MOT!!!!!! and starting problem!!!!! :D

\"You don\'t know the power of the dark side!\"

Back to the top
Ooo mark sounds like a good plan private estate! Awesome!
I'm definitely game if I get the day off work let me know asap :D

Back to the top
mark that made me laugh. yes i will film it seing as i NOT be in my mk1. sounds like it will be a good day, fingers crossed for good weather.
lil dub will love it lol

Back to the top
ps if your short on mk1s iv got two that can go through on a tow rope,  just to make up numbers!! lol

Back to the top
Hey Chris matie, hows things been for you and the mrs? Hope all is well! Yeah i cant believe that its been so long since AGM, we should meet up, come down to oue meet mate would be great to see you both :-)

Mark

Back to the top

Re: me tooo!!!

vickster said

If i can sort out my alloys!!!! MOT!!!!!! and starting problem!!!!! :D

Vickster vickster, what on earth ahve you been doing all summer  :) I hope you can get it sorted fella and if not you can still come along, if u need a lift then post up details mr and im sure we can sort something out for you!  :D  Would be great to see you

Mark

Back to the top

rowan92 said

Ooo mark sounds like a good plan private estate! Awesome!
I'm definitely game if I get the day off work let me know asap :D

Well if you cant get the day off then i say do a sicky lol  :) Would be nice to see ya again matie Hows life within Chesterfield?

Back to the top

sturen said

ps if your short on mk1s iv got two that can go through on a tow rope,  just to make up numbers!! lol

Hey Stu, good to hear lil dub is doing well  :) , well thanks for the offer of filming……….you any good at editing too? Well bring the Mk1 along you never know we may need it hehehe we could always push it thru!! As soon as i know the date i will let you know mr

Mark  :D

Back to the top
Is it last Sunday of this month then?
life in Chesterfield is well……. Life in Chesterfield bit shit lol how's life round Nottingham and where ever your travelling to nowdays?      (that bit makes you sound like a gypsy haha)

Back to the top

rowan92 said

Is it last Sunday of this month then?
life in Chesterfield is well……. Life in Chesterfield bit daffodil lol how's life round Nottingham and where ever your travelling to nowdays?      (that bit makes you sound like a gypsy haha)

Nice to hear nothing changes in Chesvegas lol yeah notts isnt too bad thanks not that ive spent much time here! Im hoping being relocated to Meadow hall running 7 outlets there for Millie Cookies, so hopefully i can base myself once and for all. I may move up that way but still maintaining my Notts routes and sticking with the regional meets  :D  :D So will let you know how it goes! And as for being a gypsy i do feel like one as in the past 18 months i have been in 14 different locations across the UK lol
 :)

Back to the top
Haha
I'm gonna try tomorrow to get the Sunday off then,
who do you work for!? Lol
btw does you mean working for millie cookies mean you get free cookies!? Haha could be an incesitive to get people to got to the meets ;)

Back to the top
Hello people  :D  im soooo sorry for the lack of input on here in the past month, had alot of things going on shows and life etc, also the lack of a computer for a month hasnt helped  :banghead: , but im glad to see were gonna make the last meet of the year a good one, so i hope everyone can make it be good to see everyone again  :D

Back to the top

Cool.

:D  :D Vickster will definitley be there, just let me know the details,  :D  :D

Back to the top

smit said

Hello people  :D  im soooo sorry for the lack of input on here in the past month, had alot of things going on shows and life etc, also the lack of a computer for a month hasnt helped  :banghead: , but im glad to see were gonna make the last meet of the year a good one, so i hope everyone can make it be good to see everyone again  :D

Bugger me look what the cats dragged in lol  :D  :D  nice to have you back fella!! Not that we missed you much :) Well now your here you can help me drag them in to our next meet! ive just text Carl to ask him if he has a date in mind, awaiting for reply.

Hows life treating ya dog? Nice tat too lol

Back to the top

MarkyMark1 said

smit said

Bugger me look what the cats dragged in lol  :D  :D  nice to have you back fella!! Not that we missed you much :) Well now your here you can help me drag them in to our next meet! ive just text Carl to ask him if he has a date in mind, awaiting for reply.

Hows life treating ya dog? Nice tat too lol
Ha ha thanks mate im abit sore tho lol yeah im ok thanks mate getting there lots still to sort, plus peoples cars to fix, lots of things to do but very little time to do it as allways lol but ill definatley be makin time for the meet, could do with the date asap so we can sart rounding the troops up  :D

Back to the top
:) Hello peeps ive just heard that we are looking at meeting up on
SATURDAY 25TH SEPT   13:00-16:00
and Carl has arranged for a buffet for all that turn up (how nice :)  Well i would like if as many of you as poss could make it just as a thank you to Carl for all his effort and time he has given to us :)

I WILL POST UP MORE DETAIL AND PM YOU AS I GO :)

Back to the top

drive thru!!!

Vickster will definitley be available, although it might be on my MOUNTAIN BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL…….. :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Vickster, now that is what i call devoted :)  Cant wait mate………………..if you need a lift back let us know mate lol
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.