Skip navigation

South Wales Region

Back to the top

South Wales Region

BigNormRivage said

atothej said

Thanks Chubs - does that include the headliner?

Any chance you can pm me his number? I've currently got it booked with Jack Smith Trimmers in Swansea. They're going to fit a vinyl hood, headliner plus wires for £360, so very cheap and well recommended - I believe thats where bignormrivage got his from.

The problem I have is that due to an electrical fault somewhere, my car isn't starting, and with all the wet weather we're having, the interior is obsolutely soaking!

Yeah same place I had mine done mate.

Did you price a mohair roof with them?

I paid less than £360 for a mohair roof and new headliner.

Personally I think they look better and age better.

Ceri.

I actually got their name from your build thread Ceri, so thanks for that - I'd been looking high and low for a local fitter! I didn't price up a mohair, but do know it would've been more expensive. I'm not too sure which I prefer to be honest - I know my neighbours cat would deffo sit on the mohair hood all day if given the chance!

interesting to hear you paid less for the mohair hood - would it be ok if you pm me how much you paid? Might give me a bit of a bartering tool - heres a breakdown of what I'm paying for:
£260 vinyl hood
£60 headliner
£20 tension cables
total: £340 - damn my maths is really bad - I've just saved myself 20 quid by writing it all down!

I'll certainly look into the mohair hood, but really not sure if I like the furriness of it - what would my original hood be made of? That would be vinyl wouldn't it? And how would each one age? I kind of like the faded look of a hood!

Back to the top

atothej said

BigNormRivage said

atothej said

Any chance you can pm me his number? I've currently got it booked with Jack Smith Trimmers in Swansea. They're going to fit a vinyl hood, headliner plus wires for £360, so very cheap and well recommended - I believe thats where bignormrivage got his from.

The problem I have is that due to an electrical fault somewhere, my car isn't starting, and with all the wet weather we're having, the interior is obsolutely soaking!

Ceri.

I actually got their name from your build thread Ceri, so thanks for that - I'd been looking high and low for a local fitter! I didn't price up a mohair, but do know it would've been more expensive. I'm not too sure which I prefer to be honest - I know my neighbours cat would deffo sit on the mohair hood all day if given the chance!

interesting to hear you paid less for the mohair hood - would it be ok if you pm me how much you paid? Might give me a bit of a bartering tool - heres a breakdown of what I'm paying for:
£260 vinyl hood
£60 headliner
£20 tension cables
total: £340 - damn my maths is really bad - I've just saved myself 20 quid by writing it all down!

I'll certainly look into the mohair hood, but really not sure if I like the furriness of it - what would my original hood be made of? That would be vinyl wouldn't it? And how would each one age? I kind of like the faded look of a hood!

No problem mate.

Looking at my receipt now I paid a little bit more than I thought, £350 for the mohair roof and headliner.

I think mohair looks better up against the car, a cleaner look if you know what I mean.

Best thing to do is go there and have a look at both materials.

Where abouts are you based?

Ceri.

Back to the top
based Cardiff way Ceri - I'll give them a ring this afternoon, as I'd also like to enquire about getting the interior done. After several years of leaking hood, I think its just about due!

You've also got me tempted with a mohair hood - my bank manager will thank you for that! general consensus around these forums is that it lasts a bit better and looks a bit nice, so prob worth the extra few quid…

Back to the top
Its defo worth the few extra quid once you seen it.

They are very good at doing interiors aswell, mine is being done there now.

Back to the top

xmas greetings

hi all you in south wales
my old computer kept freezing on me just like the weather

keep looking at this section in the new year, i will try to get something started say early march

heres to you all for a merry xams and a happy new yeartaffygoat

Haydn

Regional Host South Wales

Back to the top

atothej said

BigNormRivage said

atothej said

Ceri.

£260 vinyl hood
£60 headliner
£20 tension cables

a guy called runnystock on ebay sold me a brand new hood on ebay 100 quid,he had vinal or mohair.
im looking for a black headlining for a convertable does any one know how much i can get one for and where.
many thanks
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.