Skip navigation

South Wales Region

Back to the top

South Wales Region

Hi mate its paul from denmans i will get involved soon just a bit busy at moment finishing off house, should be ok next year to get more involved you must be the chap i spoke to at denmans?

Back to the top

meets

hi paul
yes thats me that met you in denmans, live just up the road in aberbargoed, keep looking at regionals, my car of road at moment , overheating problem

haydn

Haydn

Regional Host South Wales

Back to the top
I'll be up for meeting up next year - my cabbie is riddled with problems, and as a complete new boy to all this, I could really do with some experienced heads to talk me through a few things. Only got it 3 weeks ago, and its been off the road for 2 of them!

While I'm here, does anyone know of a company in S Wales that will fit a roof and interliner? Either at home or by getting it to their place?

Back to the top

meet

hi atothej
welcome to the club,there is a lot of help on this site , post your problem in mk1 chat and you should get some answers, also send a pm to bignormrivage re the roof and liner, i think he had one done not so long ago, on the left side of the site there is a hood replacement section under technoical

haydn

Haydn

Back to the top
I know a guy who will do yr roof if intrested he did mine at my house for £300 supply and fit well happy with job   Mine is vinal mohair is more thou

Back to the top
Hi taffy goat overheating problem , have u found out what i causing it to overheat, is it 8 valve

Back to the top
hi paul
working on overheating, changed the thermastat, water pump, radiator fan switch, now about to fit new temperature sensor, the problem was the gauge running at the very top of the range and the light flashing, after changing all except the sensor rund near the top, also flushed system and got airbubbles out.

haydn

Haydn

Back to the top
Thanks Chubs - does that include the headliner?

Any chance you can pm me his number? I've currently got it booked with Jack Smith Trimmers in Swansea. They're going to fit a vinyl hood, headliner plus wires for £360, so very cheap and well recommended - I believe thats where bignormrivage got his from.

The problem I have is that due to an electrical fault somewhere, my car isn't starting, and with all the wet weather we're having, the interior is obsolutely soaking!

Back to the top
My car already had the head linner ill get his number on way home from work and pm it to you

Back to the top
Hi haydn hope its not your head gasket

Back to the top

overheating

hi paul
car ok, no head gasket gone, found that the temperature sender that made the gauge run at top of range was not correct and tha the gauge should have been connected to another sender now runs at half way and temperature seems ok , run up to deri and down to rhymney and seems ok although fan does come on after gauge reading 3/4 way up, i think its ok now so planning to dry it off and put in garage  for winter
haydn

Haydn

Back to the top

atothej said

Thanks Chubs - does that include the headliner?

Any chance you can pm me his number? I've currently got it booked with Jack Smith Trimmers in Swansea. They're going to fit a vinyl hood, headliner plus wires for £360, so very cheap and well recommended - I believe thats where bignormrivage got his from.

The problem I have is that due to an electrical fault somewhere, my car isn't starting, and with all the wet weather we're having, the interior is obsolutely soaking!

Yeah same place I had mine done mate.

Did you price a mohair roof with them?

I paid less than £360 for a mohair roof and new headliner.

Personally I think they look better and age better.

Ceri.

Back to the top
Thats right the fan should kick in about 3/4 , im driving mine through the  winter again

Back to the top

Re: overheating

Taffygoat said

hi paul
car ok, no head gasket gone, found that the temperature sender that made the gauge run at top of range was not correct and tha the gauge should have been connected to another sender now runs at half way and temperature seems ok , run up to deri and down to rhymney and seems ok although fan does come on after gauge reading 3/4 way up, i think its ok now so planning to dry it off and put in garage  for winter
haydn

A pre christmas meet before it goes away?

Alex

Back to the top
hey does any one know if there are meets going on ????

Back to the top
SHIPMATES.

I'm all the way down in pembrokeshire! I'd be well up for a cruise camarthen way etc…

Back to the top
And she'll be on the road in a few weeks! any meets this way in the new year? I'm happy to organise..

Back to the top

meets

hi weethedee
welcome to the club

my car now off the road until new year, so keep looking at regional for south wales, also try a pm to shirlthegirl who is down your way.

i am thinking maybe a meet next year to pendine museum of sport, that should not be too far for you

haydn

Haydn

Back to the top
sounds spot on! its not shirl with a gold cabby is it?

tidy! well up dor the trip :D hey dude!

Back to the top

shirl

not sure what cabby shirl got, never met yet
haydn

Haydn

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.