Skip navigation

South Wales Region

Back to the top

South Wales Region

Hiya Haydn,

I must have missed this thread.

You can count me in for the meet on the 7th.

Hopefully more people will turn up.

Ceri.

Back to the top

alex

alex

meet is at sarn services 11am on 7th nov, this is a starter to get a south wales region up and running, so no definate arrangements until we see who turns up, do you have any ideas where we can go from there.

ceri see you there, any ideas where we can go

haydn

Haydn

Regional Host South Wales

Back to the top
Not really been round there much but i'm sure there is loads of places to go.  Will post up on newport edition for you.

Alex

Back to the top

welsh-mk1 said

Not really been round there much but i'm sure there is loads of places to go.  Will post up on newport edition for you.

Alex
all mk1 owners on newport edition are already aware of this, Zeus, me, Playo, Nick, although not many of us have got our mk1's on the road at the moment
 best place to go from Sarn is Rhigos, Bwlch, Brecon beacons etc, good roads
just did the route below as a little taster
Google Maps

Back to the top
Sorry my Golf still sat out the back garden with the engine in bits, if I knew how to get it going I would come.....but 1 day lol

Looks good pity it dont go lol !!!!

Back to the top

meet

yanto
come in any car,maybe someone knows how to get it going
haydn

Haydn

Back to the top

meet

hi mattjay

thanks for the route
why not come in any car with your mates, since i am trying to get this region up and running

haydn

Haydn

Back to the top

meet

hi mattjay

thanks for the route
why not come in any car with your mates, since i am trying to get this region up and running

haydn

Haydn

Back to the top
will do mate, i just bought a mk3 as a winter daily so i'll come along in that or if Playo doesnt sell his i'll jump in with him

Back to the top
Is this going to be a meet up and go straight for a drive somewhere or meet up, hang around for a bit and then go for a drive?

I might be able to come along and stay for an hour if you are going to hang around the service area for a bit (I can drop the missus and kids at the shopping center over the road…)

Back to the top

meet

al
at moment its only a meet up and decide what for the future ie. start having regular meets from say feb or march next year.
it maybe that we go somewhere from there after that.

haydn
bad news having to send her to the shops

Haydn

Back to the top

meet 7th nov

hi all
i have posted some 50 pm's and now have about 9 responses saying they are coming. looking good, where are the rest lets make it a big first for south wales.

haydn

Haydn

Back to the top

meet

hi all
it looks as if we meet at sarn services and discuss what is happening for say an hour then we could do a short run down to rest bay, porthcawl maybe stopping for fish and chips on the way, any other suggestions
haydn

Haydn

Back to the top

Re: meet

Taffygoat said

hi all
it looks as if we meet at sarn services and discuss what is happening for say an hour then we could do a short run down to rest bay, porthcawl maybe stopping for fish and chips on the way, any other suggestions
haydn

Sounds good to me mate.

Ceri.

Back to the top

Re: meet

BigNormRivage said

Taffygoat said

hi all
haydn

Sounds good to me mate.

Ceri.

x2

Back to the top
Hi guys, just about got my Mk1 on the road so let me know of any plans for some meets.

Back to the top
As Matt said my mk1 is off the road, well its back on at the mo but its not liking it. If it still running by the 7th I'll be there…. not 100% though.

What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger.

Mk1 will be back.

Back to the top

meet

hi steve

meet is arranged for 7th nov sunday at 11am in the sarn services j36 m4
where are you in sw
haydn

Haydn

Back to the top

meet

heres a list of yes's to meet on sunday 7th nov 11am with a drive to porthcawl and fish and chips

zeus ????
welsh-mk1
bignormrivage
al_mk1
mattjay50
dub33
era
chrismk1cabby
taffygoat
scubasteve
playo
tattymk1 with his racer

haydn

Haydn

Back to the top

meet

added tattymk1 with his mk1 racer anymore to add
haydn

Haydn

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.