Skip navigation

Milton Keynes 5th October

Back to the top

Milton Keynes 5th October

We know this is the best Regional MK1OC meet. Lets keep it that way.

Confirmed by the Chairman at this years AGM that we are the best regional meet in the country

What does 2010 Milton Keynes Region have to offer. Curry night, Rolling Road, Treasure Hunt, Show & Shine, and representing the club on National and Local shows throughout the year.

Autumn/Winter Location :IKEA car park

Address:

IKEA Milton Keynes
Goslington
Off Bletcham Way
Milton Keynes MK1 1QB

Click for map

When : Tuesday 5th October 2010

What time : 7.30pm onwards

Q. Where do i park?
A. In the car park next to the other Mk1`s (first left as you go in)

Q. What if my Mk1 isnt on the road just yet?
A. Come along anyway, there is a great source of knowledge and a local member may have spare parts

Q. Will my car be photographed and put on this fantastic website?
A. Yes, Spudfingers will have is camera ready for snaps. You may even be videoed and up on You Tube

Note.. Please add to the thread if you need contact with Spudfingers as he is responsible for 70% of the posts on this thread

Q. Does anybody read this?
A. Please post…..

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Sorry i missed last months was on holiday…. and we had a nice time thankyou  :D

As it is getting dark at 8.00 now and i think Spud made a comment that we should be going to oiur winter location this month (October).

Is every one happy with that…..  :dontknow:

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Yup I'm happy with it  :mrgreen:

According to the NW regional meet they also got 13 mk1's through a drive thru (no evidence yet though  :mrgreen: )!!!!

They got the Yorkshire region and a few others to join them by promising them a trip to the bright lights of Blackpool.  :roll:

Now then…… our MK meet got 13 mk1's just on our meet alone.  What I suggest is that everyone plans on getting their mk1's ready for our December meet and make it an xmas mega meet - drive thru challenge!?!?!??  Have people got their cars stored away over winter or are they all taxed and tested ready for December 7th?  What do you think about getting us all together… secret santa, best dressed mk1 and drive thru challenge  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: …. put some distance between us and the NW region (Yorkshire region and however many other regions they need to team up with to make up their numbers - I know they're reading this  :wink: )…. "Milton Keynes region - independently standing up to the challenge"  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
hopefully i should be coming alone!!! :)

ikea sounds good as it was abit dark in the carpark and we looked a bit dodgy with touches shining them in peoples cares :)

Banner

Back to the top
ikea yes  :D
drive thru yes  :D

i didnt make the last drive thru so that would be 14 mk1's and theres some new peeps that said they were coming to the mk meets, so bring it on  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

snizle said

ikea yes  :D
drive thru yes  :D

i didnt make the last drive thru so that would be 14 mk1's and theres some new peeps that said they were coming to the mk meets, so bring it on  :mrgreen:

THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!!!!

Back to the top
i wasn't at the last drive through either :)

15 mk1 :D

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

i wasn't at the last drive through either :)

15 mk1 :D

Looking good for xmas then… santa will be happy  :mrgreen: !!!  I'll do an xmas related video edit  :lol: … no dressing me as an elf though… so not funny…. I end up looking like a little fat gnome!!!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
In that case im asking now so the matter can be discussed and sorted- can my caddy be counted in the drive thru?!!

Back to the top

nickl said

In that case im asking now so the matter can be discussed and sorted- can my caddy be counted in the drive thru?!!

No it's in the competition rules.  You going to protest again lol  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Love it… that looks like my dad  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Yup I'm happy with it  :mrgreen:

According to the NW regional meet they also got 13 mk1's through a drive thru (no evidence yet though  :mrgreen: )!!!!

They got the Yorkshire region and a few others to join them by promising them a trip to the bright lights of Blackpool.  :roll:

Now then…… our MK meet got 13 mk1's just on our meet alone.  What I suggest is that everyone plans on getting their mk1's ready for our December meet and make it an xmas mega meet - drive thru challenge!?!?!??  Have people got their cars stored away over winter or are they all taxed and tested ready for December 7th?  What do you think about getting us all together… secret santa, best dressed mk1 and drive thru challenge  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: …. put some distance between us and the NW region (Yorkshire region and however many other regions they need to team up with to make up their numbers - I know they're reading this  :wink: )…. "Milton Keynes region - independently standing up to the challenge"  :mrgreen:

Don't want to rain on your parade but unless your planning on moving Christmas to late September you're gonna miss the competition closing date (1st Oct 2010)  :redfaced: Check the thread  :wink:

Secondly Spud me old mucker, you seem distressed that people from other regions came along to the NW meet, even YOMP  8O Although he was in a Passat  :( Otherwise we'd have beaten you with one of yours in our squad!!!

We can't help being popular, once I do a bit of research and draft my plans you and your gang will be up here next year as well  :wink:  :wink:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
Of course I am spudney! I don't think it's very fair to
discriminate against caddys- u all love it! Il just leave it behind then…….and maybe il
just stay home with it!!!

Back to the top
Yea screw the caddy haters!!!
I'm not coming to the next meet out of principle!!!

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Ya big girls!!!!  We cant do it anymore anyway because as kav says it finished now… ya can both put your dummies back in  :roll:   :wink:

Wonder what Kav's planning… worlds biggest mk1 convoy  :dontknow:

Back to the top
I'm planning a few things my friend  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

What I do know is you'll definitely need a bucket and spade  :wink:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
How quick we can dig a hole and bury spud? sounds good to me!

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
I can borrow a mini jcb and dig hat hole super fast……mind you a hole the depth of a tea
spoon would be big enough to bury spud in!!

That's what I like to see funk- a bit of support for the caddy- fuel
pumps replaced now!! :D

Back to the top
I will be coming to this one, are you changing location if so whats the address
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.