Skip navigation

mk1 tin top 5door project updated 2/7/12 breaking for bits

Back to the top

mk1 tin top 5door project updated 2/7/12 breaking for bits

hi volks

done a bit more work on the tin top tonight, re fitted the front suspension (which needs new strutt tops, but need em on to move car), fitted the front arms with new ball joints and wheels now rolling  :lol:  also fitted the refurbed brake servo and arm
pic

chris  :D  :D

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
sadly got to move the tin top, hes only going about a mile up the road but is going to have to be towed via towing bar, i have rear brakes, a drivers seat and a steering wheel, the car is now full of the various parts, should be a fun trip

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
alrite mate nice progress!
what suspenstion setup are you using i have a set of refurbished struts and strut top caps front and rear for £100 live in chesterfield aswell so not too far can deliver if needed
pics of parts are in engine and running gear for sale :)
billy

Back to the top
done a bit this weekend, thanks to stew and the awesome welder  :twisted:

now the other side, more chopping and banging :banghead:  then some more, it looks like the car has had a large bang at some point, on the brightside, all can be sorted

More to follow when i get the arch fitted

chris  :D  :D  :D  :D

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
well we got some more work done, the arch is now on the drivers side just needs some of the old p38 and thats another part done

me with the grinder

its on, bit of fibreglass on

tonight we managed to get the tracking setup again, both front wheels are now straight

thats it for now

chris :D  :D

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
great work mate keep the updates coming  8)

Back to the top
looking good mate, any more updates, hows it coming along

Cheers

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
not really had chance to get on with work due to working all hours over xmas, got some filling done on the arches (rear) to smooth em out, needed more work on back end than first thought but is getting there, hopefully getting some more done saturday (day off whoppeee)

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
managed to grab a couple hours on the tin top today, sanding and refilling the rear arches just to try and get the shape right, nearly done now, reskimmed with the filler and left to go off properly, it was freezing cold too but inspiring, wont be long now, couple of pics

chris :D  :D  :D

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
Great job, what did you use to clean up those seats?

Back to the top
helloooo

been busy on the tintop, got loads of sanding done, still a bit of filling to do but he's on the way, tell me what ya think

Starting to look like a loved car again, big improvement on the start  :lol:

more to come soon

chris  :D  :D  :D

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
Looks tidy Chris, what colour you going for?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

andyphill said

Great job, what did you use to clean up those seats?

i used a product called elbow grease, quid a bottle and works a treat

chris :D

Chris

Banner

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Looks tidy Chris, what colour you going for?

im going for a vw grey colour, not sure which one, possibly the new beetle grey but will see, its all down to the missus choice  :lol:

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
Impressive stuff Chris - Looking good. Been following this from the start - keep the updates coming.

Back to the top
thanks buddy, its been a bit of a job, dont have a lot of time or money to work on him but i think its come good, this has been the first real project for me and im quite happy with the results (so far) its never gonna be a show winner but it will be a daily runner which counts for more

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
how's this getting on buddy?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
done a bit more today, bit o sanding and priming, I need a wing, drivers side i think, gonna check with what i got, need an engine mount on the drivers side too, getting there just need some money unless anyone wants to donate me some bits?

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
chris i have alot of bit and bobs that could help

what you need?

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

chris i have alot of bit and bobs that could help

what you need?

gonna make a list of parts required, i know i need a drivers side front wing, engine mount on drivers side for starters, windscreen too, waterpump for 1500cc engine.

there maybe more but thats it for now

chris

oh yeah i forgot, need money to pay for it all  :lol:

Chris

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.