Skip navigation

Possible project???

Back to the top

Possible project???

Loads of missing (or incorrect) parts there, and the ones missing tend to be the expensive/desirable ones, for example:

- gear knob
- grille
- seals
- door cards
- wheels
- seats

But it looks like it could be restored. Don't kid yourself though, it would be a long job to get it spot on again.

Back to the top
I actually have the gear knob at home, part of the grill is there but not all. The rest isn't there :( Most importantly would be to get it running first, then think about other parts possibly, what do you think?

Rich

Back to the top
Those pictures make me sad. SAVE IT PLEASE!!!

Mk1 Golf Gti Abf conversion Project
Mk2 Golf Gti 16v
Mini Cooper S R53 (Daily)

Back to the top
I'm sure the pictures make alot of people on here sad :( However I must admit I did get a bit excited when I came across her :) I will hopefully do her depending on funds and discussions with its owner! I'm pretty excited about moving her and drying it tbh :) I'll keep you posted :) Anyone else with more ideas, advice and help keep it coming! I'm going to need as much as I can get! Thank you :)

Rich

Back to the top
pics make me sad too, but it doesn't look too bad from them.
window surrounds look ok as do the floors at least?
being a small light gti it's got to be worth pulling it out and trying to save it.
at least get it out from where it is, get the carpets out and get it up in the air to see the full extent of what it is like, and then decide?

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top
Yeh hopefully going to persuade the farmer to let me put it in one of his barns and rip the carpets out. Floors look alright tbh, no obvious holes from what I can see but its quite awkward to access atm.

Rich

Back to the top
Good news! I now have secured myself a barn :) :) Bad news, it won't go in till the weekend at the earliest, and even better its raining right now :( Is sun for a week too much to ask for!? Just hoping the barn is wide enough for work to be done on the car in there too. Also learnt today that the windows are smashed as its been moved by a tractor :(

Rich

Back to the top
Doesn't make sense - moving something by tractor doesn't smash the windows, and in any case they were smashed previously in the pics?

Back to the top
Sorry, it was moved about a year ago by tractor. It had been parked in the way for ages and he got annoyed and stuck the forks through the windows to lift it.

Rich

Back to the top
Aaaaah right! Well if its been moved using forks, its been done from the left! Because there's rear, right and front pics showing little/no evidence. So until we can all see the left…..

Back to the top
I was told it was done through the tailgate, hence the dent at the bottom, the left handside has the rear glass still.

Rich

Back to the top
Anyway I can research this cars history on the internet without costing monies!?

Rich

Back to the top
loads of life left in that one! get stuck in! don't under estimate the amount of work involved, but what have you got to lose? (other than your sanity)

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD

Back to the top
Cheers smokey :) I'll do my best to save another one :) Hopefully will know more at the weekend about the state of it!

Rich

Back to the top

ah save this car

ah save this car, even it keeps another one alive, it will b worth it..

Back to the top
Thanks guys! I will need ALOT of help though as this is hopefully going to be my first project. Its safe to say I know very little too! Only one way to learn I suppose…

Rich

Back to the top
Unfortunately didn't get it barned this week as a tractor wasn't available :( Haven't managed to get it anywhere this week either as I've been working everyday :( HOPEFULLY it'll be away by monday at the latest.

Rich

Back to the top
get on with it buddy, just go give him £100 for it, tell him it's only worth it for parts (wink wink….but could be true!) then get some mates together and pull it out with a car and have a good poke about….do it now before it has to suffer another winter as it may be it's last! or at least get it off the grass onto dry ground and stick a cover on it!

get a move on….that's an order! :lol:

mk1 golf gti campaign
mk1 golf driver
mk2 polo coupe
m2 golf gti 8v
T4 Van
and 26 others!

Back to the top
Yes certainly Sir Buggjam! I shall do my best to protect her from the harshness of british winter!

Back to the top
Pulled it out a bit more today with a tractor, steering lock would come off which was a bit of pain tbh. On the plus side I have now found a drivers seat and a tailgate in one of the buildings. I just need some steel wheels now so I can move her more easily, anyone got any!? Going to the scrappy on Monday so anyone know the size and interior size I need?

Rich
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.