Skip navigation

Golf mk1 2,0 Gti Berg cup project

Back to the top

Golf mk1 2,0 Gti Berg cup project

It hasn't happened to much lately. But I've got some more parts for the engine.

I took off the tires because I'm going to refurb the rims, respray them.. maybe sell the to get others, alloy.

Here's some pics of the new parts. Keihin Itb's 45mm

Going to make my own intake manifold in steel, got some parts and going to weld it together and use silicone hoses to connect the itb's to the manifold.

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
Also the trunk is nearly finished. welded on the replace steet for the spare tire well, built a battery tray in steel.

The engine is coming together and is mounted in the car.

I'm going to make a rear diffuser, looking something like this, it's going to be pretty tall, going from the rear axle to the back of the car and a couple of cm more.

Going to make it in carbon fibre.

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
I also got new rear lights, looks really good compared to the original lights. I'm going to paint the crome surroundings on the outside black to match the rest of the car.

Fat ass :)

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
mmmmmmm wide load!! i really want mud flaps for mine, have these been modfifed at all? or are they specific for the wide arches?

B

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Yeah, these are not modified, the fit right in. Don't think they are specific for wide arches, they're made for rally cars so they are pretty wide.

brucieboy said

mmmmmmm wide load!! i really want mud flaps for mine, have these been modfifed at all? or are they specific for the wide arches?

B

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
where did you get them from matey? i think i need them in my life! please share your wisdom! :)

Back to the top
They're sparco mudflaps, you can get them on ebay for a good price. I bought them from a company here in Sweden.. so if you're not good at swedish I would recommend ebay :)

brucieboy said

where did you get them from matey? i think i need them in my life! please share your wisdom! :)

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
lol cheers mate thanks! i want your mk1! :D

Back to the top
No worries mate :) The only problem is that I also want it my self, hehe.. So I think I'll keep it :) also, the steering wheel is on the left hand.. :P

brucieboy said

lol cheers mate thanks! i want your mk1! :D

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
very nice, top work ! :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Thanks mate! Will keep posting updates as soon as I've started manufacturing the intake manifold. I just miss som tubes for the runners, then some silicon hose to connect to the itb's.

richyhill said

very nice, top work ! :-)

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
hi great build you have some skills their dude.

i hope you dont mind me asking but where did you get the berg cup kit iv been looking for a while now with no joy

thanks
gaz

keep on dubbing

Back to the top
Gaz there Is a set on eBay at the moment just type in golf mk1 berg

83' Driver

Back to the top
Thanks mate! Some thing I'm really satisfied with, some things not. But there's allways room for adjustments.. Never ending project, hehehe..

As abbouncer says, they are on ebay sometimes. But I got mine from a web based company in czech republic, pesch motorsport. I used google translate and had no problems with dealing with them.

http://www.pesch.cz/vw/vw-golf-i

You can email them in english and pay with paypal. Maybe its them that sells on ebay, don't know really.. might be worth looking at.

gaz_mk1 said

hi great build you have some skills their dude.

i hope you dont mind me asking but where did you get the berg cup kit iv been looking for a while now with no joy

thanks
gaz

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
I noticed they are a little bit more expencive on ebay, also at pesch motorsport, the front spoiler is included in the kit.

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
nice project

Back to the top

fthaimike said

nice project

Thanks! :)

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
Hello again!

It's hasn't been to much activity lately.. But there has been som changes in the project.

I've decided to run plenum chamber and single throttle body.. as a start anyway.. I want high driveability, even in traffic etc. itb's would look and sound awesome.. but the powerband would be limited to higher revs.. there aren't much space for long runners either.. so probably would the engine feel "empty" below 3500rpm.

So.. I'll run the original intake manifold, an adapter to fit single 2,75" throttle body (instead of modifying the original for tps).

simple scetch of the adapter

bit of alloy for the adapter

Then I've also fitted the g60 fuel rail and weber IW58 injectors. They are good for 394cc/min @ 3bar.. which in theory is enough for 220hp, some margin there.

I got a crazy idea.. hehe.. I've decided to make a diffuser at the rear.. so I cut up the metal.

Made reinforcements at the corners

crappy photo.. but that's where I placed the fuel pump (bosch 044).

The start of a diffuser from glass fibre. Will make 2-3 fins in the middle also.

And finally, got my 14x9" rims blastered and powder coated :)

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
Got my tires fitted, think it looks great :) I'm just going to sort out what center caps I'll use.

No caps

OEM mk3 caps

A friend is making an adapter to fit 2,75" throttle body to the standard intake, soon to be finished

Got a package this morning, idle valve 2 pins, can be controlled by megasquirt.

I also managed to break loose the rear diffuser, my friend is demonstrating how heavy it is :)

Did cut down the edges, some sanding and then black paint

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
Can't you smooth out the difference in the 2 hole sizes instead of the dramatic step to help air flow?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.